Chapter 34

December 20, 1999

"I'm so sorry about yesterday," Neil apologized, yet again over the phone. 

"It's fine," I chuckled. "That Amelia girl seems nice."

"She is."

"What role does she play in your movie?"

"I can't say anything."

"Neil, who am I going to go tell?"

"Your mom."

I snorted. "Well played, Neil."

"She just plays a lover."

"Your lover?"

"Maybe."

"In real life or in the movie?"

"The movie, Adette!"

"Okay, okay."

"I have to get going, okay?"

"Bye."

"Bye."

I walked out into the living room and sat down next to Ashton who was on the floor crawling. 

"Why are you crawling?" I muttered, but picked him up and brought him over to the stairs, but all of a sudden, I felt something warm and damp on my shoulder. 

I feared for what I was about to discover, so I looked at my shoulder and groaned. Ashton spit up on me. 

"Goddammit!" I chuckled and brought him over to the sink to rinse off our clothes. "Now we have to take a bath!"

He just giggled as I took off his onesie and my shirt. I put them both in the sink, but then he started crying. 

"Ashton?" I held him and walked upstairs confused. 

His loud cries echoed in my ear and were ringing. I couldn't help him since I didn't know what was wrong. Maybe he bit his tongue or cheek. 

I started the bath and took off his diaper which revealed that he pooped. I gagged, grabbed the wipes off of the counter, and changed him. I kept him in the bathroom and ran downstairs, put the diaper in a grocery bag, and ran back upstairs to the bathroom. 

I took off all of my clothes and stuck my hand into the water to see if it was too hot or not. Since it was warm, I grabbed Ashton and we got into the bath together. 

He sat up and started giggling as he splashed water onto me. I smiled and just looked at him and love took over. 

I loved Ashton so much that I felt my heart was going to explode. I grabbed him and hugged him while kissing his head. 

"Oh, I love you!" I repeated over and over again in a baby voice, making him giggle. 

I set him back down, worried that I might decapitate him from squeezing him too much. 

"You are just adowable!" I exclaimed. 

He shrieked loudly and splashed water forcefully. I laughed while grabbing the shampoo bottle for babies and rubbed it into his hair. I grabbed my shampoo bottle and rubbed it onto my head, then dunked my hair underwater and rinsed it out. I grabbed a cup, covered Ashton's eyes, and dumped it on him. He started gasping, a little nervous that water just got all over him. 

I put conditioner and body wash on both of us, then washed it off quickly. I wondered when my mom and Till were going to be back from the gym. I shrugged my shoulders, got out of the bath, and tied a towel around me. I grabbed a little duck towel I had for Ashton and put it on him. It had a little cap for his head.