Chapter 57

September 14, 2002

"It's just us," I whispered in Ville's ear. 

"Yes, it is."

"You know that song you wrote 'Please Don't Let it Go'?"

"Yeah."

"Go play it for me."

"Excuse me?"

"Will you play it for me?"

"Only if you sing."

"I haven't memorized the lyrics."

"I have it in my notebook," He smirked, grabbed my hand, and we ran upstairs. 

He took out the page in his notebook that had the lyrics in it and his acoustic guitar and we sat down on his bed. I was nervous, though. I had sung in front of him before, but I mean, he was just so much more talented than I was. 

"You ready?" He asked, strumming the opening chords for the song. 

"Sure," I shook my head and took the paper in my hands. "Wait?"

He stopped strumming the chords. "Yes?"

"Can I harmonize? Like, can I do the background vocals?"

"If you want. But, you must sing the chorus, too."

"Okay."

"Now are you ready?"

"Sure."

As soon as the chords started playing, I heard him singing, so I sung along with him, too. As soon as it got to the chorus, I was singing at the top of my lungs. 

Singing with Ville made me realize how whole I was. Without it, I wasn't myself. I didn't want to let our love go. I didn't want to let him go. I didn't know what I would do if he wasn't with me. 

I felt as if all my worries and troubles were lifted off of me. Ville's voice sent shocks through my body and gave me many goosebumps. But our voices together was something different-something special that no one else could create.

After we finished, I rushed to the bathroom, slammed the door, and just stared at it. 

"Get out," Ville said. 

"Why?!"

"Come here."

I opened it up and he smiled widely. 

"What?" I asked him. 

"You sounded beautiful."

"Ville, sto-"

"Don't tell me to stop. I don't get it. I'm complimenting you and you're telling me to stop!"

I chuckled. "I had fun."

"I know you did."

"Whatever, Ville. Hey, are you writing anymore songs?"

"Well, I'm trying to but I fucking can't."

"What do you mean you can't?"

"I'm having a bit of writer's block."

"Let me help you."

"You know how to write?"

"No, not really. But we can help each other."

"I don't know..."

"Come on, Ville. It'll be fun. Please?!"

"Fine," He walked into the closet, grabbed out his notebook and flipped to a page labeled "The Sacrament".