Chapter 60

I was freaking out. Why in the hell were his parents here?! They never gave us any warning or anything. Unless they told Ville and he forgot to tell me (or he just didn't want to). I was about to get up and approach them, but my phone rang. 

"Jesus," I muttered and walked into the backyard, then answered it. "Hello?"

"Did you watch it?" My mom asked. 

"Yeah."

"You didn't call me!"

"I know I didn't!" I saw one of Ville's cigarettes out, so I lit it back up and took a drag. 

"Are you smoking?"

"How could you tell?"

"I could hear the lighter."

"Great."

"What are you smoking for?"

"Ville's parents are here."

"They're what?!"

"His parents. Are here."

"Don't talk to me like I'm stupid."

"I don't know why they're here! They didn't tell us!"

"They didn't tell you."

"What do you mean? You knew they were coming?!"

"No. I mean that they could've told Ville."

"I'm freaking out so bad. I look like a fucking mess and my hair's all crazy and-"

"Chillax, Adette."

"What if they don't like me?"

"Who cares? At the end of the day, you and Ville are adults and you two love each other. They can't tell you that you can't be with each other."

"Yeah, I guess so," I took another drag. 

"Stop smoking!"

"Mom, it's alright."

"No it's not. I don't want you getting lung cancer or anything."

"Fine. I'll just go grab a beer or something."

"You're not a rock star, Adette. Don't act like it."

"That's a stereotype. We hate stereotypes."

"Adette, go inside and go meet his parents."

"I'm too scared, Mom."

"Adette Morgenson, get your ass inside of your house right now!"

"Oh! I forgot! I have to go to the store and get-and get-and get food."

"Jesus Christ. I'm hanging up."

"N-"

But before I could even get the word out, she hung up. I took one last drag, put it out, then exhaled and put my hand on the door handle but I couldn't do it. I didn't know why I was so scared. I was just standing there standing at the door handle. 

Somehow Ville noticed me and opened it up. 

"Are you paralyzed?" He chuckled. 

"I might as well be," I shook my body off. "I'm scared."

He pulled me inside forcefully and shut the door. "This is my fiancee Adette Morgenson. Adette, this is my mom, dad, and my little brother Jesse."

"Hi," I shyly waved. 

My phone started ringing again and I immediately felt bad. I answered it and said, "Hello?"

"Where the fuck are you?!" Neil shouted.