Chapter 23

November 22, 1999

I woke up and looked beside me to find Ville still sleeping. I quietly crept out of bed and ran downstairs and started making breakfast. 

I followed the directions on the box and made a bunch of pancakes. 

"You're a god," Someone said. I turned around and there stood Juska. 

"Is he awake?" I whispered and put my hair up into a bun. 

"Not yet."

"That's good."

"We're almost done recording the record, though."

"You are?"

"Mhm."

"How has it been?"

"It's been really weird performing naked, but, we might never be able to do it again, so, I don't know."

"You all seem really worn out."

"We're starting to get sick of each other," He chuckled. 

"You are?"

"Yeah. That's why we've been distant. Whenever we record, we try to get as far away from each other as possible."

"I'm sorry."

"That's alright."

"Aren't you guys going to have to do a tour soon?"

"Next year, but they're all spread out. It starts in February and goes to August."

"You guys are going to be really sick of each other," I chuckled and took a sip of some coffee I made myself. "I don't mean to cut the conversation short, but I want to get his present all ready."

"I understand."

I nodded my head and walked upstairs into our bedroom. I grabbed the CD and the T-shirt and put it into a bag. I walked back downstairs and wrote him a quick letter on a piece of paper, slipped it inside of an envelope, and stuck it inside of the bag. 

I went outside and sat down on the front porch, finally relieved to have some quiet time to myself. It was very cloudy and moist outside, but I didn't mind. I would rather have it be cloudy than sunny. 

I took a sip of the coffee and leaned back and shut my eyes, enjoying the moment. Ville was sleeping softly upstairs, so I grabbed out my phone and called my mom. 

"Hi!" She said. 

"Hi, Mom."

"How have you been?"

"Good. And you?"

"I've been good."

"What are you doing?"

"Till and I are just chilling on the couch and talking. Have any plans for today?"

"They're not recording today since it's Ville's birthday."

"Really?!"

"Yeah."

"I didn't get him anything!"

"That's alright," I chuckled. "I'm actually excited. He's sleeping right now, so I thought that I'd call you guys."

"I hope you have fun today."

"Thanks."

"Have you talked to Ashton at all?"

"I talked to him yesterday. They're (Neil and him) going to do something big today, so I'll give them time to themselves."