Chapter 49

July 1, 2002

I woke up and sat up to find that Ville wasn't next to me. I sighed and went to the bathroom, hoping that he didn't leave. Yesterday, we had didn't talk at all about what had happened-we didn't need or want to. We just simply watched Jackass and called it a day.  

I walked downstairs and saw that he was watching something on the T.V. 

"Good morning," I kissed him from behind the couch. 

"Mmm, morning," He muttered, continuing to look at the T.V. 

The news was on. He hated the news. I backed away from him and told him that we needed to pick up Ashton. 

"Okay," He stood up. "When do we go?"

"I just woke up."

"And?"

"Fine, we'll go now!" I slammed the pantry shut and we got into the car. 

He drove to my dad's hotel and we walked inside without anyone noticing us. Normally we would hold hands, but we didn't. Something was wrong. We walked straight to the room and I knocked on the door. My dad opened it up, so I smiled and hugged him, but then quickly put my engagement ring in Ville's pocket. My parents still didn't know that we were engaged, but neither did Ville's. We decided that we would tell my family after we told his parents. 

"Hi!" I knelt down and hugged Ashton as he ran towards me. "Did you have fun?"

"Yeah!" He giggled. "We had a lot of fun."

"That's good. You got all of your stuff together?"

"Mhm! Hey, Ville!"

"Hey, kiddo," Ville picked him up. 

"I feel like we're going to forget something," I muttered. 

"Probably," My dad chuckled. 

"Where's Caron?"

"Shopping."

"Ah. How's everything with...everyone?"

"We're not really speaking still."

"I'm sorry."

"We're obviously speaking, but still staying away from each other."

"Did you have a good time with Ashton?"

"We had a blast. Actually, him and Caron got a little bit of time together, too."

"How sweet. We have to get going. Bye."

"Bye," He hugged me. "Love you."

"Love you, too. Say 'bye', Ashton."

"Bye, Ashton," Ashton said. 

"No," I laughed hysterically. "Say 'bye' to Grandpa."

"Bye, Grandpa," He waved. 

"Bye, Ashton," My dad waved. 

"Bye, Dad," I shut the door behind us and grabbed my ring out of Ville's pocket, slipping it back onto my finger. 

I held Ashton's right hand and Ville his left, so that as soon as we got outside, we lifted him up, and then Ville gave him a piggy back ride to the car. I smiled and caught up with them, then we drove back to the house. 

I got Ashton out of the car and we both ran inside and I tackled him to the ground and started tickling him. He was laughing hysterically, then at one point he started screaming, so I stopped. I looked up at Ville and he was leaning over the sink as if he was going to throw up.