Chapter 111

September 13, 2006

"Corey, we haven't even talked about it," I spoke calmly. 

"There's nothing to talk about."

"Are you being serious? Come on. The kids are at school and Griffin's with Scarlett. Please, just talk to me."

"What do you want me to say, Adette?!"

"I don't know, but I do know that I-I don't know, Corey! All day we've been talking about the wedding and the baby, but we haven't been talking about you. Let's talk about you."

"I fucking hate talking about myself."

"Corey, goddammit!"

"I'm mad, alright? I'm mad that I'm fucking drinking again, but I am! I'm drinking! I'm mad that I had to cancel part of my tour and I'm just so fucking stressed out! You're 35 weeks pregnant, Adette! We also have the fucking baby shower-gender reveal thing tomorrow and I just can't handle it! But, most of all, I can't deal with you."

My heart sank. "With me?"

"You're too much for me. You love me unconditionally and you never give up on me. You fucking flew out a day before we were leaving just to see me. Do you realize how much I love you, Adette? No, you don't because I don't show it a lot." At this point he was sobbing, and so was I. "I love you, Adette."

I smiled and hugged him and let him cry on my shoulder. 

"I love you, too," I caressed his hair. "I'm here for you, alright? I'm not going anywhere."

"I wish I could say the same."

I felt the pain in his voice as he said those words. He truly meant it. I knew that he was always going to be there for me, but I knew deep down inside that he truly wanted to die. I wouldn't let him, though. 

"Corey?" I whispered. 

"What?" He looked up at me.

"Be a man and stop crying," I smirked. 

I got a little chuckle out of him which made me smile bigger. 

"Go get dressed," I told him. 

"Why?"

"Just do it!"

"Okay, okay!"

He walked to our bedroom and then there was a knock on the door. I opened it up and Paul was standing there. I hugged him and let him inside, but then the phone rang. 

I answered it and asked, "Hello?"

"Adette?" Taylor asked. 

"What?"

"How have you been?"

"Fine."

"Paul!" Corey shouted. 

"I heard about what happened with Corey," Taylor said. 

"Okay," I replied. 

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"Nothing, Taylor."

"Well, I'm sorry about Corey, alright? Fuck!"

"No, no, you don't get to fucking say that. You didn't contact me for the longest time, and then you hang out with Melissa and-"

"You didn't contact me either!"

"I was busy!"

"Melissa and I are friends."