[Vol 1] Chapter 28

The other two men seemed to be awestruck as Arashi had cornered their leader. His sword tip glinted as it pressed on the skin of the man's neck. A small drop of blood came out but the man wasn't even flinching. He stayed there looking at Arashi with his head held high in the air. Pride and Ego sipped out of his skin.

"Are you some sort of ninja who is protecting them?" The man asked, doubt visible in his voice.

"Oh! I am only treating them." He said.

"And how does the treatment have anything to do with a sword?" The man's eyes fell on the sword that held him in his place.

"And how could an elite warrior hunting down an unarmed man?" Arashi added immediately which agitated the man. The muscles on his jaw clenched tightly but he couldn't move. One movement and he would have to lose his throat as well as his life.

"You do know that raising your sword at me means you are raising your sword at your King?" He raised a brow and gave him a challenging gaze.

"Your King is not my King." Arashi said, which made me want to smack his head with a rice bowl. What was he saying? Did he know we were under their empire?

The man mused with Arashi but I could see the deathly smirk on his lips which said, 'Put away the sword and let me kill you'.

Sweat formed on my forehead and on my palms as my eyes frantically moved between Arashi and the man.

"Then which King do you serve?" The man asked.

"I serve no one but myself."

I was really awestruck about how Arashi had no fear and I was really impressed at his replies but reading the situation, I don't think those were the words he should say. 

I may have had no clue but maybe the man was some sort of military elite since he had a sword and a crest on his chest armor. Which meant, the man was very powerful and maybe later he would come with his men to get our heads. 

The man scoffed. "Then why are you raising your sword for someone who isn't even a part of this village?"

"Because as a physician I can't let you harm my patients. I don't care what you do but do it outside of my house. They are in my care until they are inside this abode and inside this village." Arashi said with a cold voice which could make anyone kneel in front of him.

There was a moment of silence as both of them looked into each other's eyes for a while, contemplating the situation in their minds while my eyes moved between them.

"Then we will wait until they recover..." He said finally. 

Arashi put down the sword and put it back to its stealth again. "Be sure not to cause any kind of trouble in this village."

The man laughed and nodded. "You have my word."

"How can I believe in a man's word when he hadn't given me his name?" Arashi raised his chin and it seemed the man was a bit amused by his words.

He nodded. "I am Hayato from the Yamaguchi clan." 

Arashi nodded as the man, Hayato, went toward his men but said before leaving, "I assume you know by now, why I have come. I hope words won't leave your mouth, Mr Yuan."

The threat rang in the air as they vanished into the darkness and I looked at Arashi with wide eyes, my heart still hammered against my chest.

I may have no knowledge of clans or any political things but I knew clans served closely to the Emperor and if this village was under Kosaki that meant, he might be serving the Kosaki Emperor. My heart rose. My father served him as well. If anything went wrong, maybe I should go to my father for help?