[Vol. 7] Chapter 164

It would be a three day long marriage celebration and I heard from Kora and Calla that the whole Wansai was celebrating it.

There were lanterns and flowers decorating the whole capital of Wansai and Shinkyo. They said many stalls of foods, beverages and snacks were also been placed. It was like a large fair.

Various rides and games were also made their ways into the capital to entertain everyone. And fireworks.

I had no idea of what a firework is so they said to wait until night.

Apparently, a lot of people loved their Prince and had requested the emperor to light the whole empire for three days.

The emperor seemed to be really generous since he had agreed. The empress on the other hand, didn't even said a word. She didn't even come to see me nor came to give blessings.

I heard the rituals would start from now and the banquets would be held at nights for these three whole days. Never in my life had I ever thought I would get to have a marriage ceremony let alone a grand ceremony.

I was excited as well as scared. My stomach fluttered with the whirlwind of all of my emotions. Fortunately, I wasn't feeling nauseated. Yet.

Calla and Kora took another last minute check and nodded. "Everything is set. We are ready to go."

My hands and feet froze. My heart thumped. I had no idea what were those rituals. I asked, "So, what will be the rituals?"

Kora said, "From what I have heard, the emperor wanted the rituals to be done in their holy place."

The Wansai goddess cave?!

My expression must be visible on my face as Calla said, "No. You would be going there later to take her blessings but the other holy place."

"Yes, only the royal blood of Wansai emperor's can hold their marriage there. Others could go there to have their blessings but aren't allowed to hold their marriage." Said Kora.

I nodded. I asked, a bit curious, "Where is this place?"

"Not far from here... It is up on the mountains of the goddess of Wansai. Everyone has gathered there already. You can hear how silent the palace is." Kora informed as I nodded.

The business of it somehow subsided since morning. So, it was the reason.

"But before that, your highness has to go to the emperor's palace hall to have their blessings and they will take you to the place where the marriage will be held. Since her highness, princess Bianka, has no family members here present, you will be guided by them as your guardian." She added with a smile, "He is the one who will give your hand to Prince Rian."

My heart sank. My father wasn't here to give my hands to Arashi and I had no one to do that for me.

I nodded. "So, who will be my guardian?"

Both of them didn't say anything as they shook their heads. They had no knowledge of it and now I felt like I would become a laughing stock because it was my guardian's duty but my guardian was not here. I couldn't ask them to come here either. It would become more troublesome if they found out my father was one of Kosaki's retired generals.

Kora said, "Well, your highness, shall we go?"

I nodded as she put down the veil on my face. It was a red see-through veil and reached around my nose.

I didn't say anything as we left the chamber and was making sure I didn't trip. The bridal dress felt heavy and long with many layers. I felt tired already. How would I survive a three day marriage?!

Kora and Calla were behind me while Hana kept walking beside me. Shin and Yoshi also joined as soon as we turned around the corridor toward the emperor's wings.

Both of them said, "Princess Bianka is looking truly beautiful."

Shin added in a teasing voice, "Our prince wouldn't be able to look away."

My face burnt but I hid my flustered self behind the veil.

I took slow and poised steps toward the door of the hall as my heart thumped loudly. I was truly terrified.

Would I have to go alone to marry? Would there be no guardian to give my hands on Arashi's hands?

The doors got opened and my heart thumped even more loudly.

There stood the emperor and the empress on the stage where the emperor's throne was. While the emperor had a bright and warm smile, the empress had a sour face. Beside her stood Akio's mother, Aikawa. Her face was even more sour than the empress and a malice intent was coming out of her.

There was no sign of Akio and there was no other audience either. So, would the emperor be my guardian?

I entered but the guards stopped Hana and my maids. Shin and Yoshi entered with me because they were ordered not to stop or harass Arashi's men.

As I reached near, the emperor said, "Beautiful! Now I know why my grandson chose you." He laughed and it made me chuckle a little.

He came down from the stage with the stairs and reached me.

He stretched his hands out and I saw there was a small silver dagger in his hands with the symbol of Wansai empire.

He said, "It is like an heirloom given to the new bride of the prince by the previous owner. So, I am giving it to you. It is a blessing from me, my dear."

He gave it to me and said while patting my head gently, "Be sure that you keep a strong hold on it, my dear Bianka. It is a symbol of courage to stay by your husband's side no matter what happens to him. It is a promise that you will always be there to protect Arashi if he ever loses his sword. This might look like a small, weak dagger but remember, just one little needle can save the day."

I nodded as I held it tightly. I would always keep it close to me and would make sure even if Arashi had no weapons with him, I would provide him this little dagger which was bestowed upon me.

I looked at the empress's way but it seemed she didn't want to come near. She didn't want to give her blessings to me. No matter how hard you try sometimes you won't be able to soften some hearts.

To enlighten the mood, the emperor said with a gentle smile, "Well, now. Wait for your guardian here. He will be coming in a moment to guide you to your groom."

I got curious about who was this guardian as we waited.

It seemed this guardian was really late.

"Ugh! Sorry, your highness, the emperor!" We heard a voice as we all looked at the source. "It seems I'm a bit late!"

It was Hiroshi.

----
19th February, 23
(1166)