[Vol. 4] Chapter 91

[Arashi's POV]
[In Third Person]

Sometimes to lure the enemies out, you have to become a bait.

That was what Arashi had learnt from all of his experience till now. He was standing at a side, his right hand man, Hiroshi stood beside him. Other men of his stood behind him in a semi circle.

The sun was about to set as the priests felt a bit excited. One of them went to the head priest and said, "I think, we should call it a failure since it's almost set the sun."

The head priest nodded and looked at the crowd, "Well, I think, we should send some of our priests to check if she is alright..."

Akio's face glinted and Daichi seemed satisfied however, Arashi interjected, "I think, we should wait until the sun set. It is still time."

All of their gazes went to Arashi as he stood still in his place. He knew she was alright.

Well, he believed in her but there was still a part of him which was worried. He hoped his men had reached her.

"But if we don't hurry up now, who knows what will happen..." Akio said, her voice coated with worry but Arashi could see the happiness hiding in those words.

"Why? Are you certain something will happen?" Arashi asked and Akio stiffened.

She nervously smiled and said, "I-I was just suggesting to hurry up since I don't want sister Bianka to get hurt."

He didn't say much and said, "Abide by the rules please. We still have time."

"I think, we should wait as brother Rian said," two of his cousin brothers said. They were Arisu and Kaito. Beside them stood his another cousin sister, Akisu. She said, "I think we should wait since it will be considered failure once the priests go inside."

The others nodded in agreement as Akio felt a little restless. Apparently, she didn't want Bianka to get the approval from the trial. If she got it, there wouldn't be any chance of cancelling it.

They were once again quieted down.

Daichi seemed to be in a good mood as he was occasionally talking with his other cousins and with Akio. He didn't seem to be worried.

And then they heard a soft footstep. Everyone's gazes turned to the cave's large entrance. Tension rose in the air while they held their breaths. Even Akio and Daichi were shocked and surprised.

But Arashi wasn't as he smiled when the soft footsteps reached his ears. He was accustomed to hearing them. In his house, on the wooden floor, he had been used to hearing them. He could determine where she was even she walked quietly.

Arashi looked at the entrance, his heart thumping with joy as Bianka came out. Her clothes were dirty and somewhere it was tattered. Her face and hands had scratches and darkened with all the dust but she looked confident as she walked out with her head held high. A confident smile was plastered on her face.

The priests became wary and they looked at her with a face that said 'it was impossible for her to come out alive'. Arashi smirked.

Bianka's eyes searched through the small crowd and as her eyes fell on Arashi, she grinned and said, "I got the coin!"

She displayed the small box over the crowd as she held it in the air.

Arashi smiled but it seemed not all of them shared his joy of Bianka being successfully acquiring the box.

Half of them were surprised as they looked at her with wide gaps in their mouths while the other half couldn't even register what was going on. Well, even the priests were shocked.