[Vol. 7] Chapter 176

[Third person's POV - Omniscient]

Hana was quiet for a while now as both Kairo and her reached their home.

Kairo asked, "What is it?"

Hana looked at him and asked, "What did you mean by if you get captured you are not from Wansai?"

Kairo pressed his lips together because he knew Hana would not take it lightly what he was about to say.

Prince Rian had permitted him to take action to capture this man. And Kairo had sworn he wouldn't come back without taking this man who had nerve to poison his master and his wife not to mention, he had tormented his wife, Hana as well.

Excelled in fighting or not, excelled in poison or not, he would certainly take down this man.

But there were too many risks...

First, if Kairo got captured, the Toushi clan would try to harm Wansai and to prevent that he would have to tell that he wasn't from Wansai. And if they asked Wansai, Wansai would deny him as well. So in short it was a suicide mission.

And second, Hana only had started to open up with people and she finally had gotten someone so close. If anything happened to Kairo, she would break again.

Kairo knew Hana would stop him...

Kairo said, "Hana," he reached her as his tall frame towered over her and he took her hands in him as he said, "I need to go and capture this man..."

Hana's eyes turned wide, "But he is too dangerous!"

He shook his head. "I know... But I have to otherwise he might try to harm us again..."

Hana knew that it wasn't the only reason. Kairo wanted to take revenge on him for tormenting Hana as well. But he was too dangerous that even Hana was scared to face.

Hana's hold on Kairo's palm tightened as tears moistened her eyes. She said with a broken voice, "Then...then I will go with you."

Kairo chuckled and smiled at her adorable side. She was so scared that her hands were still shivering at the thought of that man yet she wouldn't want to leave Kairo.

He said, "But you have to protect Princess Bianka..."

Hana shook her head. "She will be fine since she is staying in Shinkyo."

"But no one is as excellent as you."

"I'm not that good!" Hana hissed, "If I was that great then I wouldn't have problems to face this man!"

"Hana everyone has something where their weaknessess lies, so don't think that just because you are afraid of this man means you are weak." Kairo said as he came near, their breathing uneven as he added with a low voice, "You are the most strongest woman I have ever seen and I am lucky to have you as my wife."

At that tears rumbled around Hana's eyes and a few drops came out and Kairo leant forward as he placed a small kiss on her lips. Hana leant toward the warmth of his lips as they started to kiss passionately for the first time.

It made her feel tingled all over her body. It was a sensation she had never felt before as Kairo's hands had now wrapped around her waist tightly. He had never done that to her before and if there were any moments he would just withdraw himself. And it used made her feel like he wasn't in love with her at all.

But now, as he was kissing her, she could feel Kairo loved her... Maybe more than she had ever loved him.

But there was an unsettling feeling that lingered in her mind. Why did he kiss her like this when he clearly said she was too young for this?

Was it because he knew he might fail in his task? Maybe he would never return?

And suddenly, her mind showed her how that man used to torment her... What if that man also torment him?

No!

She won't let him go alone. But even if she went, would she able to help him at all? Or she would just become another liability of him? She knew she becomes a frozen statue once that man comes before her... Then how would she help Kairo at all when she needed Kairo's help to stable herself?

Kairo pulled away as both of their faces were red and she coughed to avoid the situation to become more awkward. He said, "Err... Well, I will be leaving tomorrow. I promise I will come back with that man."

Hana only nodded...but her heart was thumping with both being flustered and worry.

She asked, "Is there no way that you wouldn't have to go?"

Kairo took a long breath and said, "There isn't."

Hana looked up in his eyes with her pleading eyes. She wanted him with her because in this life, she had no one else beside her but him.

She may had Princess Bianka and others but no one could replace Kairo, the man she fell in love with. She didn't want any harm to come his way.

But it seemed he wasn't going to melt by her pleading eyes. His eyes were determined to do any impossible and to serve his prince.

Kairo said, his voice hard, "Don't forget that I have sworn to the prince that I will forever serve him and his family by any means. My life is in his hands so... I have to do this, Hana..." His voice suddenly became soft as he said, "Please, don't make me break my oath or else my existence has no meaning."

Hana knew how Kairo had no one and the prince and his men took care of him. So, in a different way, he had this lingering feeling of serving them no matter what and no amount of begging would make him go against his principles. She knew that much.

She knew each one of them had the same principle...

She didn't drag it long as she said, "Alright... I won't get in your oath..."

But that also meant she wasn't binded by any of their oaths...

The next day came in a blink of an eye as Kairo was all ready to leave. He had five more people in his team including Duke Ginjiro's two men, Hibiki and Lorenzo.

They had revised their plans on the previous day where Prince Rian and Brother Hiroshi were present. It was all set as Lord Ginjiro Shimadzu was the one who had helped them trying to acquire a little bit information on the man.

Kairo was about to go as he looked behind and found Hana.

She was worried until yesterday as she wouldn't want him to leave her but it took him while to pursue her that it would be alright.

But what is it?

There was no lace of worry or fear on her face as she beamed with a smile at him.

Kairo's brows drew together as he said, "Hana, stay safe and stay with princess Bianka..."

She nodded cheerfully, "Of course!"

Kairo looked at her face to read her but he failed to do so as Hana said, "Okay, be sure you don't die on me."

He nodded warily as Hana took her swords and hid it under her sleeves as usual.

Everything was normal. They had breakfast Kairo had made, she helped him do some of the house chores and then she was about to head toward the Shinkyo Castle... It was all as usual.

Too much normal for his liking...

He shrugged thinking, she was a strong willed girl. Maybe she had made up her mind and now she was trying to be cheerful since Kairo was tensed from inside.

Well, it was helping him anyway.

Before leaving, he placed a small kiss on her forehead and said, "Be a good girl and protect the princess..."

Hana smiled and nodded. "I will..."

And they departed.

----
22nd March, 23
1322