[Vol. 4] Chapter 93

As we get inside the carriage, Arashi wrapped me in his arms, making me startled. He asked, "Did you get hurt?"

His voice sounded worried as his eyes searched through any injuries. I was glad that I was wearing the Kuro soldiers' attire underneath my kimono. Because of the extra layers, I didn't have any deep cuts.

"No, just some scratches." I said and smiled at him. I looked up to search eyes as he tilted down his head to look at my face and immediately embraced me in his arms tightly. My face was buried on his chest and I struggled to free myself.

"We—we are outside! Everyone will hear us!" I hissed in a low voice as I got flustered at his sudden behaviour.

He didn't say anything just kept me inside his cocoon for a while and took a deep sigh before loosening his hold.

I knew he was worried.

He said, "I was worried sick if something had happened to you. I would have..."

I shook my head and said as my hands went to hold his cheeks, "I did say that I would stay by you like a leech, didn't I? I would definitely not go away, no matter what!"

He smiled and nodded, "I am glad, Hans and others reached you."

"Err... About that..." I said as he halted and pushed me away to see my face.

"About what?" He asked, studying my face as I pulled away my hands and gave him a nervous smile.

"Hans and the others couldn't reach me in time since the priests had set up extra traps in both of the routes, apparently." I said and his eyes went wide.

He knew it would take time for them to destroy all those traps before reaching me so he asked, "So, how did you managed to get out alive?"

I raised my chin as a proud smile crawled on my lips. I was scared at that moment but I reached the chamber by myself.

I said, "I reached there by myself..."

He raised a questioning brow as he was still in denial. "But if they set up the extra traps, they would be deadly. There is no way you would have come out alive..."

I puffed my chest and said with a prideful voive, "Well, you are underestimating me, Prince sama."

And he started to laugh at my remark on him. He asked, "So, now I am promoted from Rian to Prince same, eh?"

I nodded as he chuckled and looked at me for a moment. I found his gaze was on me for too long as my cheeks started to get red. I said, "I did it by myself! Ask Hans and Kairo, if you don't believe me!"

He nodded as he looked at me with a pair of amused eyes. He was surprised but more than that he was proud of me. And it made my heart flutter.

He said, "Alright. But how did you manage that impossible thing?"

I smiled an ear to ear smile as I said, "I found a secret passage."

Although mistakenly... But I would not tell him that. It was my moments of being proud at my accomplishments.

He nodded in surprise.

He poked his head out of the carriage and talked something with Hans in whispers. I perked my ears to hear them but they were talking in low voice.

Immediately, a few of his men vanished from there and he leant back inside the carriage. He said, "Well, I am surprised that you could find any passage. But as far as I know, there aren't any passage of that sort."

I said in a grumpy manner, "But there was! And you didn't tell me about that!"

He said, "I would have told you if there was since it would make things easier. The only secret passages I knew, I had already told you about them."

I shrugged. Maybe he didn't know of it too. Did that mean I had a talent for finding secret passages(by mistakenly)?

I was getting happy in myself as my attention was snatched by Arashi. He said, "Anyways, I am also very impressed by your acting skills."

I pouted. "And you made me a villain before them."

He laughed. "But it helped, didn't it?"

I muttered, "And now they hate me more..."

He couldn't contain his laughter anymore as his shoulders bobbed up and down. Although I was angry with him but I couldn't stop myself from seeing his smiling face. He looked happy. His smiling face looked even more handsome and slowly a smile found its way on my lips.

True it was really scary in that cave and at a time, I was about to lose hope but I managed. And it seemed like some unknown force just wanted me to succeed.

However, we still had more work. That was to throw the mask from those priests' faces who had been doing every bad deeds here.

We were traveling for two hours and at that time I ate that Arashi had brought for me. I took a quick nap as well since I was sleepy and the sun had went down as well.

Arashi's men had captured the priests and they had taken all of them back to the palace. It was decided that the testimonies would take tomorrow since it was already late.

And I was tired as well.

As our carriage halted, my eyes shot open. I saw Arashi's determined gaze and he turned his head to me.

He said, "Tomorrow, we have bigger work to do. You sure, you ready?"

I nodded as I took his hand in me and said, "I am."

The corners of his lips curled up in a smirk and said, "We have arrived. Let's do our best tomorrow."

And I looked outside where the palace stood like a giant structure in the middle. It had been witnessing far too things. Bad and good. But tomorrow it would witness another great thing that had never happened before.

Because we will both strip the priests from their powers and they will regret ever crossing paths with Arashi and me.

-

---
22nd November, 22
1033