[Vol. 4.5] Chapter 102

I hissed as I fell on the harsh rock beneath me. I got a lot of scratches and cuts. My dress was almost torn apart from the edges around my legs.

I was scared and heavily wounded. My whole body ached and I took heavy breaths.

It was after a month, I got married to Prince Daichi. We became really good companion after some time. But now, it was the trial.

I had no idea that they would set a bunch of traps and it wasn't enough, they even sent assassins. I was scared as I heard the swords clanking whenever they clashed.

"Rose, are you okay?" Daichi called, his voice coated with worry as he fought with those assassins in the darkness of the cave. I couldn't see a thing and I was scared they would kill him too.

They were excellent and only Daichi was there who came to save me. If he hadn't come, I would have been long dead.

I sniffed as my stomach and legs hurt and said, "I am fine. Please be safe..."

He was still fighting as I heard their swords being clashing. I didn't know how many men came to assassinate but I knew there were at least three or four.

And suddenly, the cave got silenced.

My worry reached the peak of my head as I tried to look in the dark. Was he alright? He wasn't...dead... Was he?

My heart thumped loudly in my ears as tears ran down in worry. I was too scared to loose him.

He may didn't love me but he had always taken care of me.

I was too scared to call his name and my breath shook, my whole body shook.

"Rose?"

Then I heard his voice and I felt relief flooding over my body.

I asked, "Daichi! What happened there?"

"I don't know..." I heard him saying.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I stabbed one of them but the rest are dead as well. I don't understand..." He said as he sounded confused.

But he came to me immediately and then he lit the torch that had extinguished a while ago.

As soon as light flickered on him, I gasped. An arrow was poking out of the back of his left shoulder. "D-Daichi... Oh my God! You are hurt."

He hadn't realised it until I pointed it out and he said, "I am fine. Are you al-"

And his eyes widened as his eyes fell on my stomach. I looked down and saw the white kimono I was wearing had turned red with my blood from down to my stomach.

I hadn't realised it was this deep. I was gravely injured at that time but somehow, we both managed to survive.

He was so worried about me that he kept telling that he would kill those priests...

He left me near the cave entrance as he went inside so nobody saw him with me. He said he knew a different route to go out.

As I came outside, the people were horrified but they accepted me since I had successfully come out with their coin.

I got too sick after that. As we both were wounded, we needed enough rest to heal. Daichi healed fast while it took me nearly three months.

My father was scared when he heard the news and came back immediately. We told him that I fell from a cliff and a sharp object was there. Of course, we never told anyone about the assassination attempt. First, nobody would believe and a new kind of problem would arise.