[Vol. 5] Chapter 117

[Bianka's POV]

I was glad that Kairo and Hans were safe and nobody from the mission got harmed. But as he told us, he was poisoned with Haneru. I didn't know if it was powerful or not.

But Arashi and Hiroshi were both shocked that he survived that so it must be really poisonous.

After Lord Gokudo said he wanted Kairo to marry his daughter, everyone agreed but Kairo.

He was grumbling and looking like his soul had left his body. Koji and others took both Lord Gokudo and his daughter, Lady Hana to a confinement since they were needed for something I had no idea.

Since Arashi decided that Kairo would marry her, the marriage got postponed until Kairo wakes up.

Arashi ordered Kiyoshi to tend his wounds and check others as they left.

Now, only three of us were in Arashi's chamber.

Hiroshi asked, "What do we do about Kairo?"

Arashi released a sigh and said, "He needs to marry her otherwise she would kill him. And there's also a fact that Lord Gokudo won't say a thing. He isn't an easy man."

Hiroshi asked, "How about I torture him to death?

I gave him a look as Arashi shook his head, "He still won't say. Also, he could be hiding a poison in his mouth as well. You know how their clan works. If they felt threatened, they would kill themselves but won't let out any information."

Hiroshi sighed. I wasn't sure why? Was he disappointed that he wouldn't get to torture him?

I asked, "So, that's why all of you agreed?"

They nodded.

Arashi told me about Lord Gokudo's clan and they all were trained since childhood. He said, "Since they had to survive in the harse environment and not to mention, they were always so wary about others outside of their clans, they train each and every member of the clan like that."

I said, "It's more like Kuro soldiers..."

Arashi nodded. "They are... If they weren't so little in numbers, they would be the next strongest clans after Wansai's most strongest clans."

I didn't think that the little girl who was sitting beside Lord Gokudo could be this dangerous. She certainly was glaring at me for some reason.

Hiroshi asked, his voice sounded worried, "But, that girl is very dangerous Arashi, if she married Kairo, wouldn't we have to let her loose? As Kairo's wife?"

Arashi was thinking it through as well and he sat on his chair as he said, "True. We can't let her loose in Shinkyo."

"Shinkyo?" I asked.

Hiroshi said, "Arashi's city..."

I nodded. Shinkyo was the city he made with Kuro soldiers and their families. Some men had their families in that city and it was protected by Kuro soldiers. I hadn't had the privilege of going there yet but I wanted to visit and see how he made it. It was after all, his city.

Arashi said, "We have to make Kairo keep an eye on her..."

Hiroshi said, "But he would be back to as Princess Bianka's guard..."

Arashi and Hiroshi were both in dilemma as I asked, "Why couldn't we let her loose even when she becomes Kairo's wife?"

"Because we can't be sure if she won't start poisoning everyone in Shinkyo..." Hiroshi said. "She could be avenging for capturing her father..."

"But didn't you say, she won't disobey or go against her husband?" I asked.

"That is, if Kairo genuinely tells that he wants to marry her. In this case, we are making him marry her forcefully..." Hiroshi said with a worried face.

I knew he was always worried for his men. No matter who were they or what post they get, he would always wish they were safe.

And Kairo was too young to take the lead in this case. He was already mad for that.

They were right... We didn't know if Hana was a threat for us or not and to let her live in Shinkyo, it could have been worse.

And then it clicked me. I caught their attention, "Err... How about..."

The both looked at me and I asked, "How about you assign her as my guard or personal maid?"

I suggested, "That way both Kairo and Hans could keep an eye on her as well as me. If she always stayed with me while Kairo was here as my guard, then she could go home with him while his shift ends."

Arashi immediately rejected, "Are you insane?!"

I blinked. "Why?"

"She could kill you without her poison..." He said and somehow I got offended by that.

I knew she was trained and she could easily fend off two or three men all by herself even when she was younger than me but he didn't have to tell me like that!

It felt like I was too delicate to handle a little girl with poisons and weapons!

Well, I was... But...it hurt!

I looked away as I got angry, "Fine then! Go and tie her in a dungeon or make her Kairo's housewife! Then she would surely kill everyone slowly..."

I crossed my hands over my chest as Arashi and Hiroshi glanced at each other. Hiroshi shook his head and sighed as Arashi shrugged.

Arashi said, her voice getting gentler this time, "But... What if she harms you? I would always be worried... I can't sit in peace even if I give you more guards knowing I can't trust that girl."

Well, he was right. But what didn't know was, when Hana was there, she would always glance at Kairo when he talked. I knew that yearning in her eyes.

That yearning for acknowledgement and affection from her husband that every women had. Even I had that. I still have that in me.

As Hiroshi told us before they were trained to always obey their husbands so I knew all she wanted to get accepted by him. When Kairo was rejecting her, her face would fell and she would look sad.

I said, "Just trust me... She won't harm me if Kairo is there..."

Arashi still wasn't going to accept but he accepted later as Hiroshi said, "Kairo had to take the lead and tell her himself that she can't harm princess Bianka."

Arashi nodded but from his face, I knew he wasn't satisfied.

Hiroshi look his leave as Arashi was silent.

I went over his chair and as I was about to touch his shoulder, he caught my palm tightly.

I gulped as he looked at me with an anger filled gaze and said, his voice becoming cold, "Bianka, if anything... anything happens to you. Even a single scratch by that girl, I will kill her myself."

And I knew he would.

----
19th December, 22
1124