[Vol 1] Chapter 31

The next day, I woke up early and found he wasn't there. My mind wondered where he could be. I didn't know what he even did early. I had never woken up before him and even though I finally managed to wake up, he was still earlier.

But as Mrs. Hiro said I needed to take my bath and prepare myself in front of him and while doing that she left me some instructions. My cheeks glowed red. What if he thinks I was so shameless?

While debating with myself, I convinced myself to do as Mrs Hiro said otherwise he might leave me. 

It was a chilly morning as I set aside my futon and took only the inner gown which I wore under a kimono. The material was thin. Although it wasn't transparent, it could leave some imagination in someone's mind.

It was a little too chilly as I went to the bathroom. I managed to take a quick bath even though I was shivering. I had to say my respect for Arashi increased three fold as he took bath early every single day yet I had never seen him catching a cold. 

I didn't even wipe my hair as water dripped from it on my gown yet I desperately wanted to dry myself because it was cold.

My eyes wandered around everywhere but Arashi wasn't there. How was I supposed to prepare in front of him if he wasn't present? 

Now that I think of it, I didn't even consider it before. Should I wait in the room until he comes? But that would get me sick again and we couldn't afford that since Prince Sen had given us a very important task.

But Mrs Hiro specifically told me to wipe my hair and put oil on my hands and feet in his presence. My heart thumped. No! I can't! I thought to myself. That was very bold as I had never done it in front of anyone let alone in front of Arashi.

While I was still flustered from my own thoughts, I entered our room and saw Arashi was standing there, his back facing me.

His long hair tied in a pony and a few stands glued to the skin of his bare back as sweat covered all of him. He was only wearing his bottoms. 

He turned his back but not fully as the muscles clenched with his movements. My shameless eyes gawked on the hard muscles that had been hiding under the clothes all those months. I gulped as my breath hitched. 

He was adorned with a lot of scars and some were even deep yet they looked like his crowns from the past, telling very deep tales of pride and sorrow

His dark emotionless-looking eyes met mine. The eyes which would give me the gentle glances felt so distant. He looked very...distant. My mind remembered his face when the Yamaguchi clan members came. He portrayed the same face. It felt so dangerous...yet alluring.

A gap formed in my mouth. My inner self seemed to be thinking some inappropriate thoughts.

In the dim light of the morning, he looked mesmerizing that I couldn't blink my eyes. It was the first time I saw his masculine body. And there was a strange feeling stirred in me which I failed to decipher. 

I had never seen a man so cold, daunting yet so beautiful. The aura around him felt so cold that it gave me the chills. I felt as if it was a different Arashi I was seeing. Then my eyes found the sword he always carried in his left hand. 

So...he was practicing...

"Why did you wake up so early?" He asked as his eyes followed my robe and I remembered that I was still wet and I had less clothes on me. My cheeks heated and I hoped they wouldn't turn red then he would know what I was about to do.

He added, "Why did you take a bath so early? You will catch a cold."

I averted my eyes and tried to find an excuse. "Um... It was... It was very warm and I thought, taking a bath might make me feel a little cool." 

Although I was feeling cold, now that Arashi is before me, I felt the temperature somehow had increased. I cried in my mind. 

I can't do what Mrs Hiro instructed me to do. I apologized to her in my mind.

He put the sword against the wall balancing it and said, "Dry yourself."

I nodded as I took another corner while Arashi took some of his clothes and left the room.

I brooded over my failed attempt of seducing him. It seemed like he had least interest in me and that fact somehow made my heart sink deeper. I knew seducing a man and giving him what he wants was a big part of any woman's life as it was how the society worked but somehow I didn't want that for the sake of doing it. 

I didn't want to do it because it was my job to please my man, I wanted to do it because he loved me. But he wasn't in love with me and it gave me a pang in my heart. My skin was wet and the little clothes I had, were enough to give some inappropriate thoughts yet he showed no interest. 

Maybe I wasn't that beautiful...

I started to wipe my long hair with a defeated face. I still had no courage to make some bold moves. I sighed. What if leaves me? 

He won't, would he?

To be honest, I had no clue but somehow my heart told me to trust him. My inside was in turmoil but I decided to put my trust in Arashi. 

I sat on a stool while loosening my robe. Pulling up my gown to my thighs, I poured two-three drops of the oil on my left leg as my palms messaged on it. My mind still was in a battle with my heart as various negative thoughts accumulated in me. I was scared. 

I was scared to lose him. He was the only person who had never belittled me and gave me enough freedom to live how I wanted. Was I getting swayed with the happiness of this freedom too much not to realize what he wanted? 

I sighed. 

I put some oil on my right leg as I started to message it as well. I loosened the rob to my waist but I didn't take it off entirely as I applied the oil on my hands but suddenly, I felt someone behind me. I stiffened.

I snapped my head back and saw Arashi's dark, smoldering eyes were on me with a frown on his face. Both of our eyes wide and not blinking as the time stopped around us. 

The air around us suddenly felt warmer than before as I forgot to breathe. My mind went numb and my body froze.

It took him a moment to gain his composure and as soon as he regained himself, he closed the door immediately. But my eyes still stayed on the closed door with my cheeks that resembled tomatoes and my heart jumping up and down in my chest.

It seemed like he had already taken his bath and he was about to enter the room but halted in the middle when his eyes fell on me.

My mind asked, since when was he watching me?

A gasp left from my mouth as my palms covered my lips. I wanted to dig the ground and hide there forever because it exceeded the instructions Mrs Hiro had given me. She simply told me to rub the oil on my legs and here I was rubbing my upper chest and hands while I had barely any clothes covering me.

Tears rumbled in the corners of my eyes as embarrassment crawled in my belly. Now I could never face him! 

------
Edited on 24th May, 22
(1340)