[Vol. 7] Chapter 181

Note: The following two chapters might display some darker contents, hatred, madness, tortures. But I tried not to make it too gore. Still, if you don't like it, you may skip it. Also, bear in mind, Kairo is an adult. In modern era he might not be but I'm writing in previous era.

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

As Kairo came back to interrogate him, viper smiled. "Is everything all right, Kairo? Or you just got some good ideas to make me talk?"

Kairo gave him a gentle smile and said, "Something like that..."

Viper laughed and insisted, "Sure... Go ahead... I'm here and it doesn't seem like I'm going anywhere."

Kairo nodded and leant back on the table where various torturous equipment was laying down there. He muttered, "Futama Sameda..."

And immediately all the colours from the viper's face drained completely. His once-a-lopsided grin was replaced with a frown as he looked at Kairo with an intense gaze.

Kairo smiled, "Ring a bell?"

Muscles on viper's jaw clenched tightly as he hissed, trying to grin again but failing miserably, "Kairo, let me tell you one thing clearly... You are going to die..."

Kairo said with a straight face, "Oh, I'm so scared. But may I ask you why and how or by whom? You?"

Viper laughed, "You think I can't kill you just because you tied me up with a damned rope?" He added, "Make no mistake, I am only here because I want to. You can't keep me here..."

Kairo nodded. "That I know very well, Futama Sameda, that I can't keep you and the fact that you are still here means you want something from us..."

"You're a smart lad... I can give you that." He said giving Kairo an amused smile.

But it got evaporated immediately as soon as his eyes fell on someone who stood behind Kairo...

It was Hana...

She was scared but she didn't let it show on her face as she stood before him.

"Well, well, well. Look who's here?" Futama laughed, blood coming out of his nose and he coughed, "If it isn't Lady Hana."

He looked at Kairo and asked, "Is that how you came to know my name, huh, Kairo?" Then he looked at Hana and added, "But I'm surprised to know that she remembered everything even after my sedatives... I guess you were always this strong, Lady Hana."

Hana's brows ceased together as it was making her suffocated, images flashing before eyes. Cruel images. She asked, "Why did you do that to me?"

Futama's grin widened, "Cause why not? You were the perfect weapon for me who could kill hundreds of people on a single order. Why would no one want you?" He added, "Well, that was exactly why Lord Gokudo took you from me. He needed a perfect piece for himself to keep his legacy. A killer, a ruthless killer. Not that I needed you anymore..."

Hana looked at him in his eyes, not blinking as he added with a malicious smirk, "I had already done my part by making you a perfect killer. You were, after all, a good tool."

Kairo's palms clenched as he felt rage boiling through his cell. How dare he treat her like a tool! He wanted to punch the man but Hana stayed quiet. As Futama watched her he asked, "Don't tell me you don't remember anything you had done..."

And it was like a hit on the bull's eye. She certainly didn't remember...

Futama's grin widened as he asked, "Do you want to know where did you come from? Or where are your parents?"

Hana didn't say anything as he spoke again, "Well, I can tell you on one condition. If you untie me I'll tell you everything..."

Hana's brows furrowed as she tried to understand what he just said. So she was a mass killer then... Maybe she had killed hundreds of people already. Her heart clenched and Kairo could feel her sadness sipping out of her body but he couldn't go and embrace her.

It was a protocol not to show any kind of emotions when interrogating a culprit. Well, they had a tendency to use it against you and that was why Kairo didn't want Hana to come here.

Futama was a manipulative person and Kairo was scared if he started to do that again with Hana. She was still unstable...

However, Hana didn't let any emotions surface on her face.

She only looked at him, she didn't blink nor did she say anything...

And then she started to walk toward him as Kairo frozen. Was she going to untie him? Was she that desperate? Kairo's hand reached the hilt of his sword, slowly. In case, Futama tried to run, he'd have no choice but to cut him in half.

However, Hana's palm reached Futama's cheek and placed a hard slap on it. She said, "I may not remember anything but I won't get manipulated by you ever again. You are destined to rot here, so be it. I will find my identity eventually and even if I couldn't, I will be fine."

Hana scoffed. "Did you think if you placed a condition on me, I'd do exactly what you ask like before?"

And Kairo removed his hand from his sword, letting out a sigh of relief.

Hana retreated as she looked at Kairo with a smile and said, "I'm going back... I guess you were right. It didn't help me to question him myself."

Kairo nodded as Hana turned around to leave.

Futama was shocked to find that his manipulation didn't work on her. He knew she was desperate but something changed in her. She wasn't going to be cornered by her curiosity and desire. Now she knew how to handle her emotions better. It seemed like his powerful sedatives were wearing off from her, the girl he had abducted.

But Futama was still reluctant as he asked, "Is that why, now, Prince Rian has acquired you?"

Hana's palms clenched as she hissed and turned around, glaring at him, "He had never used me!"

"No... He did..." He gave a vicious smile, "You just don't know him that well, sweetheart. Well, can't argue with you since he is very manipulative that you won't ever recognise..."

Hana gave a smile and said, "Well, you are right about one thing though... He certainly uses me but to do good for others and not to kill them. So I guess, I'll let him use me for a good cause." She turned around and said with a smile, "It is far better than taking someone's life and regret later..."

And she left.

Futama looked at the way where Hana was a moment ago and muttered, "She has grown up..."

And Kairo felt somewhat proud of his wife.

Futama said, "I guess, Rian certainly knows how to manipulate others in following him."

Kairo smiled, "Isn't it a great trait something you lack in?"

Futama smiled back, "I have other ways to let them follow me..."

Kairo added, "But alas! Your sedatives doesn't work on them anymore... Do you know is that?"

Futama's brows ceased together as he didn't understand what Kairo was saying.

"Because Prince Rian has already made an antidote for your strong sedatives and she will never need you to remember her past. Cause she can do it herself." Kairo said which made Futama's smile to fall.

There was no way they could make such antidote for that strong sedative... It was his ultimate move yet that bastard managed to make something that would nullify his medicines!

Kairo took some bolts and a hammer and said with a cheerful smile, "Alright, enough talking. Now we shall start where we had left..."

----
4th April, 23
1240