[Vol. 6] Chapter 135

(Third person's POV- Omniscient)

Mila's heart was thumping as she said, "Le—let's go back then..."

Koji nodded and started to walk as she followed him from behind while her head was low.

Koji had always been very busy and he wasn't a person who would show his care or love toward anyone with words.

She was young when he had taken her with him but it didn't take her long to know he wasn't good with words and anyone would see him as an angry or serious person at first glance. But his actions would speak for him.

She remembered their early days when she had first came to his house. She was always on guard and would try to do every work so they wouldn't complaint or throw her out. She was alright being their maid.

But she always found, when she was working but had no time to eat, a plate of food near her. Or, if she was tired and thought of doing her work later, she would find her works were all done. Even if she carelessly injured herself, she would find a med box near.

She knew it wasn't Koji's parents since they would come immediately if they find her injuries and apply the ointments. The only person who never came to give the med box or could tell her to take care of herself was Koji.

She knew he had always watched over her from the shadows but wouldn't come out to say it himself. He was just not good with words and a very shy person in real, especially around her.

At every moment, he would seem like he was in a serious mood and talked very little but his actions made her known that he cared for her. Like it did now.

Princess Bianka certainly knew people's hearts.

She said, "Thank you for waiting but you need to rest since you are going back to work at night again."

He didn't say anything for a while but as they came near Koji's home, he said, looking at the house, "It's just empty without you."

She looked at him with wide eyes, "What?"

He turned around. She saw his eyes were serious and he wasn't blushing as he looked into her eyes. "The house doesn't feel like home if you're not there and I couldn't sleep unless I hear your footsteps in it."

Mila's heart thumped as he said and it seemed like he was gathering his words to properly tell her what was in his heart, "You were never useless because you complete me."

Tears started to pour down from her eyes. Mila had never heard him say to her that he loved her even once.

Even when he came to propose her, all he said was, "If you want to settle down, I can find someone for you."

It made her sad because she never really wanted to be with anyone else other than Koji but then she told him she didn't want anyone in her life.

He said, "Then marry me."

She said yes immediately and they got married and that was it.

Today was the first time he had finally said that much and it was enough for her to know that he just confessed his feelings to her.

He came near and kissed on her forehead, both of their hearts racing wild in their chests.

She couldn't help but wrapped her hands around Koji's waist and buried her face on his chest. Koji let her cry in his arms as they stood there like this and a tender wind blew over them.

Mila felt the tenderness was just like Koji's parents who might be blessing them now and she thanked them from the bottom her hearts.

She calmed herself and as she was wiping down her tears, she said, "You know, Princess Bianka feels so strange."

Koji looked down at her face and asked, "How strange?"

"All I feel is warmth and care from her just like a sun."

Koji smiled. "She certainly is like a sun, bright and warm." Then he added, "You know what I feel from Prince Rian?"

"What?"

"Caring and protective, watching over us." He said.

Mila smiled, "Just like the moon."

Then she gasped, "It's like the Moon Goddess! She watches over us and protect us from evil while the Sun God gives us blessing to live in prosperity and love!"

Koji smiled and nodded as he muttered, "They feel exactly like the former crown prince and his princess."

Mila asked as her curiosity spiked up, "Really?"

Koji muttered as he was recalling how they were. He had been living in Shinkyo long before he was born.

He said, "The crown prince was just like the sun, bright and warm, loving to his people while the princess was like the moon, making sure they weren't harmed or took care of they were injured."

But it was now changed with Princess Bianka being the sun while Prince Rian being the moon.

Mila somehow always felt the protection around them. She knew it was because of the Kuro soldiers but somehow she felt it was more than that.

While the former crown prince gifted his wife the city he had built with love, the princess took care of it. She had been protecting it and even now.

Through her son, Prince Rian.

She said, "They certainly are the greatest couple..."

Koji nodded as they started to enter their home.

But Mila asked, suddenly, "How did you know I said to Princess Bianka that I felt useless?"

She recalled Koji saying that to her just a while ago... And besides, how come Koji suddenly said those words while he had never said his feelings all these years.

Koji stiffened.

Mila's eyes narrowed down at Koji as she asked, "Where you listening to us?!"

Koji grumbled, "I'm not that interested in your ladies talks."

Mila asked now her voice sounded angry, "You were there, weren't you?"

Koji said in an annoyed voice, "I'm going back to sleep. I'm tired!"

Mila pouted, "You didn't even say that you love me."

Koji's brow twitched as he glanced at her and said, "Fine! Let's go inside and I'll tell you."

Mila wasn't going inside as Koji let out a sigh and said, "Do I really need to say it when you already know how I feel about you?"

Her face reddened as she nodded stubbornly and Koji came near her as he bend forward making her freeze.

He placed a quick kiss on her lips and said, "I guess, that is enough for now."

Before turning around, he smirked at her as Mila was speechless.

----
5th January, 23
1116