[Vol. 7.5] Chapter 189

"Damn! Why did he have to cancel the wedding now?!" King Masashi said. (Yukina's father)

His advisor said, "They could have married her off to the son of Prince Kurasaki... I wonder why didn't they do it..."

King Masashi was troubled because he had been feeding on Prince Kurasaki's wealth up until now but now with the cancellation, he couldn't ask for any money.

And no one would give a daughter's family money since dowry comes from a daughter's family... But Prince Kurasaki was kind enough to take care of them.

King Masashi muttered, "Do you think the emperor and the empress somehow got to know of this deed?"

He knew no one knew about him taking money from Prince Kurasaki. But if the emperor came to know of it, he certainly would cancel it...

The advisor nodded, "It could be. Since they were the ones to cancel the marriage and Prince Kurasaki has no choice but to agree with it."

King Masashi fumed with anger as he growled, "That damn old fox! Call Yukina to come back! I will find her another suitor."

The advisor nodded as he left King Masashi's chamber however he knew Yukina wasn't going to come...

King Masashi wasn't the only one who got troubled by this decision.

There was another person who was troubled...

Prince Shiroichi... Arashi's one of the uncles and a distant relative of the emperor.

The reason was simple. He wanted to gain power and it wasn't going to happen if Prince Kurasaki and Arashi were alive. The emperor wasn't going to give him anything even if he was a very obedient and loyal subject of him.

"That old man! He had to cancel the wedding now..." Shiroichi growled.

"But the assassin who was about to kill the crown prince, didn't she deny to kill him?" His advisor said.

"Tch! Then she is of no use then..." He kicked the table hard as the things on it fell from the table and scattered all over the ground. "Useless! A useless assassin...!"

He muttered angrily, "I don't know what is Mr Ina doing? Can't he even control one of his subjects?!"

The advisor suggested, "Don't be angry, your highness... She may said she won't kill them but we can still use her for our benefit..."

Shiroichi looked at his advisor who smiled gently.

Shiroichi asked, "And how do you intend to use her?"

He said, "Someone has to take the blame for killing the crown prince if we are going to kill him in Wansai."

Shiroichi thought for a moment as he said, "But I heard he is in battle arena and can't come here... The Kosaki has already waged the war..."

The advisor said, "But there will be a strategy meeting in a few days... For a great strategist, Prince Kurasaki has to come..."

Shiroichi's skin tingled with rage as his own advisor just praised Prince Kurasaki for a great strategist... What was so great about him?

Shiroichi could do battle strategies with ease! If he was given a chance... He thought as he fumed with anger.

As they waited for Prince Kurasaki's arrival, they came to know the venue for the meeting had changed and their plan wasn't going to get fulfilled.