[Vol. 1] Chapter 10

The whole time I couldn't say anything to him as we came back to the road.

But finally I asked, "Seems like all of them know you and they adore you so much."

Arashi nodded, "Yes, I treat them and give them medicines. That's why."

I didn't know why my chest felt light but the more I was watching him, the more I felt he was a good man. He looked like an angry man most of the time but he was very considerate to others. I smiled.

Suddenly a person came before us in a loose shirt and loose pants which reached his knees and greeted him. "So, Mr Yuan, who could be this young lady?" His eyes sparkled as he asked.

"Mr. Wasabi, good day. She is Biyanka, My wife." After saying that Mr Wasabi was very surprised as if a big rock had hit his head and then his eyes moved between us. It seemed it took him quite a while to get those words and when his got them he almost shouted at Arashi, "You are married now?!" And mumbled to himself, "Now what will happen to my daught-"

"I see, I see. Congratulations," he immediately changed his sentence and congratulated us but his eyes never left me. His scrutinizing gaze stayed on me for a while as he once again congratulated Arashi and spun on his heels.

As soon as he came, he left immediately and it took me some time to register what happened.

"Why did he leave in a hurry?" I asked Arashi as we saw the man walking away.

"Believe it or not, he is really good at spreading news."

I looked at Arashi as he added, "Otherwise, he is a really good person."

I nodded as we resumed our walk. By now, my feet ached but I was more curious at the village where Arashi lived.

"Looks like there are many interesting people here."

"You will be meeting many soon." He said.

Soon we crossed the village houses and after it came long fields as we still walked and my feet cried. I was certain they had gotten some blisters. I wondered how far his house could be.

We crossed the long fields where farmers were working

We crossed the long fields where farmers were working. The village was filled with various kinds of fields from both sides and the view was really pleasing. The weather was not very cold either.

"Are all these fields under this village?"

"Yes, the agriculture here is very good thus, most of the villagers have their own lands."

There was a question that kept itching me but I had no courage. Finally, I gave in to my curiosity as I asked, "Why didn't you take Mr Hiro's money? It's only fair to pay you for your work."

"Apart from some of the family, the rest are poor and all day, they work to feed their children and wives. Mr Hiro makes clay pots and goes every Tuesday and Saturday to sell those in a small market down to the village." Arashi added, "But most of his pots don't sell like before and he has to take care of his children's education as well as feed them."