[Vol. 5] Chapter 120

The next day was Kairo's marriage as he hadn't come to take the post as my guard. Hans wasn't here as well and I wasn't allowed to go outside without any guards.

Since everyone was busy I was staying with Rose in her chamber.

Rei and Noya were invited too since she wanted to go see Shinkyo as well. As it was a hive for only Kuro soldiers, outsiders weren't allowed there without Arashi's or some of his men's permission.

It was protected by his men since the families were mostly from Kosaki. And also, their families could be captured as their weaknesses so, they had taken this precautions beforehand in case there were any kind of situation like that.

Rose would be coming with me as we both had already prepared our dresses.

She was wearing a light green kimono and I wore a blue one. I even wore the blue hairpin Arashi had gifted me.

Now that we were waiting for Arashi to pick us up but he was late...

So, Rose went to her painting stand and put off the cloth that covered the painting.

The canvas was back facing me and I stood up to see it as Rose exclaimed, "No! No, no! You can't see it now, sister Bianka!"

I asked, "Why?"

She looked everywhere and chuckled nervously, "No... You can't just! Please?"

I sighed. "Fine..."

But I was very curious about what she was painting and why was she hiding it?

Since she didn't want me to see it I stood on her bed as she sat before the canvas and started to paint.

She looked very happy as she kept on smiling before the big canvas.

I asked, "What are you painting about?"

She said, "I can't tell you..."

"Why?" I pouted and grumbled, "And I thought I would be seeing it when you paint..."

She became worried and said, "I—I do want to but...can you not please see it, sister?"

I huffed since she didn't want to. "Fine!"

And then we heard a knock. It was Shin and Yoshi.

Yoshi said, "Princess Bianka and Princess Rose, please come with us. Prince Rian has called both of you in his carriage. We are to leave in a few minutes."

We nodded as Rose again covered her painting and we followed Shin and Yoshi's lead.

It was the second time I was leaving the palace after coming here and I was really excited for it. Especially to see the city, Shinkyo.

We came across Arashi's wings and now we were crossing a long corridor to reach the exit.

Rose was excited as well as she was grinning all day and suddenly her smile vanished as we turned toward a lane.

She was looking ahead and I followed her gaze. It was Daichi and Akio, standing just before us.

Daichi had a permanent glare on his face and Akio had sly grin and the way she was wrapped against Daichi's hand, it made me feel disgusted.

Rose's eyes turned away from them and I could see her lips quivering as I held her hand and took the lead.

How could Daichi do this to her? I knew Rose still loved him even when he was always bad to her.

As we crossed the path, Daichi said, "I see you are having fun in my brother's wings."

Rose stopped and I followed her.

Daichi didn't sound rude but his voice was still cold and emotionless. It felt more like he was offended because she wasn't with him.

"Yes, and it has been very lively," Rose said but her voice broke in the end as I saw Daichi's knuckles turned white. Rose added, "And I have started to paint."

He said in a low voice, "Good for you," and started to walk as Rei gave me a wicked smirk. It seemed like she had achieved what she wanted but what was it?

Just what would she gain from this?

And we left the place as Rose's mood soured.

After she came here, I had tried many times asking what was going on with Daichi and Akio but she said, "He loved Akio."

But the way he was looking at Rose, it didn't feel like he was in love with Akio. It felt more like he was in love with...

We were in the carriage, Rose was beside me while Arashi was sitting opposite of us. My mind was occupied with various thoughts as I was looking at a distance.

Arashi asked, "What happened?"

I shook my head and said, "Nothing... I was just thinking it would be the first time I would be watching a Wansai marriage."

Arashi said, "No. The marriage would follow Toushi rituals since Lord Gokudo wished it."

I gasped, "Oh! Then they are the mountain people so they would follow their rituals here in Wansai?"

He nodded. "Unfortunately, he had made me invite his whole tribe and they had arrived today. So, we have no choice but to follow their rituals."

I asked, "Didn't you say they are the dangerous tribe? If all of them come here, how would we handle them?"

Because two was already deadly but now there would be hundred people! And each one of them excelled at poisons... What if they poison everyone someway or another...?

He must have gotten what I was thinking as he smirked and said, "Do you really think I would let that happen?"

I asked, "But it is suspicious that Lord Gokudo has invited everyone in his clan this far..."

He nodded and said, "That's why only the people who has higher resistance in their bodies would be here attending... The rest would be watching from a distance."

"What about Rose?" I asked as Rose looked between us, blinking.

Arashi asked, "Will you for once think about yourself? You don't even have any resistance against cold..."

I pouted as she said, "Both of you will be far from them since both of you are princesses. We will be guarded by several men and I have prepared antidotes beforehand..."

I looked at him as I got impressed. So that was why he was so busy... He was making antidotes for everyone.

He shrugged and smirked, "Just in case, they try to poison us. I didn't want to take any risks..."

I nodded proudly and I asked, "What about Kairo?" I was now worried about him. "Will he be alright?"

Arashi was quiet for a while and said, "I don't know...but he seemed already dejected..."

Well, of course he would be since he didn't want to marry in the first place.

Arashi added as his brow twitched, "I had given him an antidote but he wouldn't want to take it telling me to give him poison instead..."

I chuckled as Arashi shook his head. "That lad always makes me so troubled that I had to give extra antidotes to Hans and Koji. They would be there all the time... But of course, he is brooding over it."

I sighed. He was just sad that he had to marry like this. I knew this feeling. When I got married with Arashi, I was the same but soon that changed.

Not knowing someone how they were like and yet you have to marry them was a worst feeling. But in Kairo's case, Hana was already a dangerous girl who even tried to kill him. Of course, he wouldn't want to marry him.

Somehow, I felt so sad for Kairo...

If only Lord Gokudo didn't place those conditions, he wouldn't have to suffer...

Wait! Did Lord Gokudo did this so Kairo suffered the consequences of kissing his daughter? Or maybe he wanted a small revenge against Arashi...

Now I was genuinely concerned about why did he made Arashi invite his whole clan...

----
23rd December, 22
1306