[Vol. 7] Chapter 180

(Third person's POV-omniscient)

Kairo was in charge of interrogation of the viper as he stood leaning against the table. Before him the viper was sitting all tied up in a chair.

Only two torches were igniting lights for which both of them were able to see each other's faces. But of course, Kairo's face was grim and cruel while viper's face had a lazy grin.

Despite of being tortured by Kairo, he didn't even say a single word.

"What? Are you tired of torturing me?" He asked, mockingly, "Maybe a new method? Like cutting off my hands because those are my precious assets of making poisons...?"

Kairo knew he was trying to provoke him but that wasn't going to work on Kairo...

By one glance, Kairo knew this man wasn't easy to be tamed. He practically had no fear of losing his hands nor losing his life. He felt like he knew many valuable information which might come handy but the question was, how?

No matter what kind of a torturous method he used, he would scream but he would laugh at the end.

The man asked, "What? Are you thinking why am I not spilling about my customers? Even though the 'Oh-Great-Prince of Wansai' has managed to capture me?"

He grinned wickedly and said, "Not because I was paid well... I can tell you that."

Was it because he wanted a revenge against Wansai? But that was highly unlikely since over the past few decades there was no interaction between Toushi clan and Wansai. They had both to do with the clan and the clan had no reason to do any harm to Wansai...

Money?

But he was already rich by how many men worked under him... The whole Oda was under him even the Lord of Oda had no clue who he was. Not that he cared because viper was sitting on a chair where he was conducting his illegal trades through the city and paying a good amount to the Lord of Oda.

No matter how many times Kairo run his head, he wasn't getting a clue. Four days of torture didn't break him.

Viper was all torn up with a bloody face and broken ribs. His nose was crooked and his nails were ripped off yet he only laughed.

That was insane...Kairo thought.

He was a crazy man but not crazier than Kairo.

Kairo gave a gentle smile. "No... I would be torturing you more but it would be unfair if I simply cut off your precious hands... Well, not that I need your skills anyway..." He let out a sigh as the knife in his hand glinted, "Because we have more skillful people with us..."

Viper gave an amusing smile, "Oh? More skillful? I don't doubt that since Kuro soldiers built different and I believe Rian has taught them well..."

Now Kairo was a bit taken aback... Well, it wasn't really shocking to know that he knew their Prince had taught them all the things about poison and all but the shocking thing was he was calling him without the honorifics... Did he know him too well?

There was a knock on the door as it snapped Kairo away from his thoughts. A voice came from behind the door, saying, "Kairo, come out. There is something going on here..."

It was brother Hiroshi's voice and it felt a little hesitant. Kairo left the room and went with Hiroshi. As they were crossing the dungeon passageways, he asked, "What is it?"

"You will know when you look at...her." He said as they went toward another chamber.

Her?

As they entered, Kairo saw it was Hana... What was she doing here!?