[Vol. 4] Chapter 82

The empress and Prince Daichi had managed to convince the crowd and it seemed it wouldn't take long for the words to reach everyone's ears. So, it was decided unintentionally that I would have to give the trial.

Prince Daichi and the other family members decided to stay until the trial while the guests were hoping to hear the news of our marriage.

Akio and her mother were grinning at me and I could see that they knew about the secret of the trial.

After that Arashi and I couldn't eat our meals and I saw it was the same for the crown prince and the emperor. I knew the crown prince was worried because Arashi knew his secrets and his motive, and the emperor was worried because Arashi would leave if anything like this happened. He had warned them both but the empress didn't know about Arashi's warning.

That day, I came to know no matter how much I tried, the empress had no intention of approving me. Her rigorous trainings were as useless as this trial. She just wanted to get rid of me fast so she could make Akio Arashi's wife.

I fisted my palms as I looked down. I felt helpless and more than that I was scared.

My heart fell to my stomach as it felt like everyone was against us getting married and I felt so restless that I wanted go back to Godoyama.

It was better than here. Arashi was right his family members were sick to the stomach apart from Rei. Everyone was just conspiring against everyone under their own family.

I felt sick of it...

"I don't think, I want my wife to go through the trial," Arashi said all of a sudden, catching everyone's attention.

Whispers spread among the crowd as the empress looked at him quizzically. However, Daichi wasn't going to let this pass as he asked, "That's surprising, brother Rian. Do you not want to get married with princess Bianka or are you afraid that she would fail in this task?"

Although his voice was smooth and soft, the mock in it was clearly visible. He added in a low voice enough for us to hear, "Or perhaps, you already know that she is unworthy for our family..."

Arashi looked at him, his eyes sharp and cold. Under the table, his hands were balled in fists but he said with a straight voice, "No. I have faith that she would be successful in this trial but I am not really trusting the cave."

"Whatever do you mean by that, brother Rian but it is considered as our holy rituals for two hundred years..." He said and with that he tried to get the audience's minds into his perspective so they would have to agree.

"Yes, and it would certainly be the fastest way for sister Bianka to get approval." Akio added innocently.

However, both of the brother didn't really pay much attention to her.

"Well, my dear brother might have forgotten but I don't need any rituals to get married to my already married wife..." Arashi said and the crowd looked between me and Arashi with wide eyes.

"What do you mean, Prince Rian?" One of the guests asked. "Isn't Princess Bianka your fiance...?"

Arashi said, "I am already married to her in her homeland thus not approving even when we are married means, you all are disrespecting my decision." He looked at both Akio and to Daichi, "And I hope you know the consequences of being disrespectful to your peers..."

They froze...and so did the audience.

Prince Daichi let out a nervous chuckle and said as he tried to arrange his words, "I had no intention of disrespecting brother Rian. I was just..."

"But doesn't that mean you are disrespecting us, Prince Rian, by not following the rituals of our family?" The empress asked, directing her gaze as if she had caught Arashi in a trap.