[Vol 1] Chapter 30

Prince Sen and his attendee stayed for a week although Arashi was reluctant to let him travel in those wounds but Prince Sen said he needed to give his reports to his father, Emperor Yaguchi. 

Because the disappearance of him might make the situation more dire and it might stir another war if he was away for long.

Arashi had given him all the medical supplies and I had packed large boxes of meals and water so they could eat it while traveling. 

I asked a bit worried for the poor prince, "He wouldn't get attacked by the Yamaguchi clan members, would he?" 

Arashi took a long breath as he leaned against his chair, sipping the mint tea leisurely. "I hope not."

I looked at him with my brows knitted on my forehead. "But that Hayato man said he would come!"

"Don't worry, I have given Prince Sen another route. Before the Yamaguchi clan members could reach them, Prince Sen would have been flown away to his border." He sipped.

"What if they come here?" I recalled the man, Hayato saying he would be coming after the Prince recovered.

"Even if they come here, they won't get Prince Sen."

"What if they come here for our heads?" 

He looked at me for a while then sipped on his tea. How could he stay so leisurely? He had no trace of fear. 

Even if we didn't serve them, he could kill us because he knew there wouldn't be anyone to question them. We had no King or any system that would judge their actions. The village elder was so old that even if he wanted to judge, they might kill him as well.

I sighed. There was no point at overthinking. Arashi might be right not to get excited about it. 

It was morning and Prince Sen and his attendee went in the middle of the night. I hoped they were alright. I didn't want him to die because that might wage a war.

I stood up as I needed to clean the house but I felt tired because we hadn't slept and the previous day, I prepared the meal boxes while Arashi prepared the medicines for them.

I exhaled as I took the broom and Arashi went to the front yard to clean the dry leaves and twigs. 

As we started to resume our everyday tasks, we heard Mr Hiro and his wife entering. 

I put the broom down as I went to receive them. "Good morning, Mr Hiro and Mrs Hiro."

We bowed a little as they entered, greeting me. Arashi came as well and they greeted him. 

"Mr Yuan, I came to give you my best piece of art!" Mr Hiro said, grinning as Arashi said with an irritated face, "I have told you many times not to give anything further."

"But how could I not?" He said, "Because of you, my eldest son got into the downtown school." 

Arashi looked at him for a moment and asked, "The results came?"

Both of them nodded while big smiles plastered on their faces. It was great news since his eldest son had been training under him. 

I congratulated them and said, "Then we should celebrate it with a good breakfast." 

Arashi nodded, "Where are your sons? And please stay until lunch."

Mr Hiro said, "Oh! no. We can't stay today. School starts today and my youngest one has a slight fever."

Mrs Hiro said, "But we have brought some meal boxes with us because we didn't know what else we should give." 

Arashi let out a sigh. "I told you not to come with any—"