[Vol. 4.5] Chapter 98

We had sailed on a ship to reach Wansai. It was far from our country, Greatheart. My father's domain was larger than other federal lords and this was why they were always envious. Now that I was getting married to another empire, they would think of taking over my father's territory.

However, with this alliance, my father had formed a little contract with them.

That was: We were able to trade goods with them and necessary supplies, medicines in exchange, they would get pass through our Greatheart sea route and could sell their goods with low tax in whole Greatheart.

But how come they wanted a bride? Was it father who proposed it? But why?

It could be father's proposal since our status was lower than them and I heard the prince whom I was betrothed, was an excellent prince who had a chance to get the empire. But I wasn't interested in his position. All I cared about what kind of a person he was.

I knew once I reach there, no matter what, I would have to make sure they didn't send me back. It was my father's pride after all.

As of now, both of my parents were with me as I had no knowledge who was the Prince or the prince's father. I certainly didn't know of their etiquettes and my father had hired a maid who was good at both their culture and our culture.

But I was still scared and a bit nervous. How would I communicate with them?

It wasn't easy to learn their language in just three days.

I was sitting in my room and the maid who was accompanying me had went to take some rest.

There was a knock and I knew it was father. "Father?"

He peeked inside and asked, "Are you asleep?"

I chuckled. "Yes, I am."

"Then I will come back once you wake up..." He said and we both laughed.

He came inside and said, "I am sorry, Rose, for making you marry to a different country but I had no choice."

I shook my head. "It is okay, father. I am not angry."

"I know you are not. But you should be! Even I would have been angry..." He sighed and sat beside me. "I met this prince."

"Prince Daichi?" I asked as I was a bit curious at how he was...

He nodded. "He is a fine young man. I have to say he is more handsome than I had imagined..."

We both laughed at how confusing he sounded. He added, "I know it will be hard for you, Rose but can you bear a little longer?"

I nodded. But I got confused with his question. What did he mean by bear with it? But I didn't ask immediately and let him settle.

"Thank you." My father took my hands in his and sincerely said, "I had never imagined that I would be the one to be saved by my own daughter... It should have been my duty to always protect you..."

"What do you mean by saved by me?" I asked a little confused about his statement.

He opened his mouth and then closed again and looked at me. His eyes looked like he was hiding something.