[Vol. 4] Chapter 78

Hans and Kairo told me to get back since it was lunch time which means I would be meeting them at the lunch. The whole family who had emerged here from different sides of Wansai.

I was a bit nervous as I said, "Wh—what do I have to do? What if I mess things up?"

By now, I was accustomed to talking with most of Arashi's men and it seemed they were also not hesitant about it while some of the new men were a bit hesitant.

Hans smiled as he walked behind me, "Don't worry, Prince Rian will be there as well. So, no one would dare to belittle you."

"But what if I do something unknowingly?" I said, panicking as Kairo assured me, "Don't worry, we would be there as well. If anyone dares to laugh, I will tell my subordinates to poison them."

Then I saw the evil smirks on both Kairo,'s and Hans's faces. Err... They were indeed scary...

I chuckled nervously, "I—it's okay... You don't have to go that far...since they are family members of Arashi."

As we reached around the hallway, I saw the corridors were a bit busy. Maids and soldiers were coming and going around it. I saw some of them were looked like they were from the royal family. As I was crossing them I heard their voices becoming whispers and without a doubt they were talking about me.

Hans and Kairo's faces became cold and serious as they glared at them which made them irked as well.

I knew no one from any soldiers or maids were allowed to show emotions and even to glare at the superior persons but it was different for Arashi's men. They had full rights to show their emotions and to tell if something was wrong. And even if others would try to punish them for it, they wouldn't be able to since Arashi wouldn't let anyone touch his men.

Even I had started to see how wary was everyone whenever they saw the men from Kuro soldiers. The black attires, covered them from their head to toe and the mask. While I had seen most of their faces, they had never shown it to anyone in the palace other than a few people who were always beside me and Arashi.

I didn't exactly know how and why the people around us were that much cautious about the Kuro soldiers. Was it because of their excellent service in the battlefield they had done or something else?

As we reached the corridor which led to my chamber, I asked Hans. "Um... Can I ask you something?"

Hans nodded. "You can ask anything, Princess Bianka. Unless it is about some confidential information..."

I chuckled and shook my head. "No. No. I was wondering why the people or even the emperor or the empress have no power to punish any of the Kuro soldiers..."

Hàns put a knowing smirk on his face and said, "That is because of our Prince Rian. Everyone knows how he would not falter back if someone purposely did anything bad to people. It could be us they would want to put all the blames but when he is around, people would only dare to do that. You might have seen how quiet and smooth the system going here. Have you seen any conflict between the commoners or even in superiors?"

I shook my head. I certainly hadn't.

Hans said, "That is because Prince Rian would always find the culprits and punishes them. They would not do anything bad. Some even doesn't do it because they want to gain his trust. Apparently, it is not unknown to any of them about the power Prince Rian hold even without the empire. His father held the same status as well. So, most of them only have deep respect for our Prince."

I smiled and somehow felt warmth spread across my heart. I had been feeling so tight around the chest after meeting Princess Rose. I felt really bad for her but I knew I had no power to help her.

As we reached around my room, I saw Arashi coming. He had two soldiers behind him but none of them was Hiroshi. He would always tag along with him.

As he came near, Hans and Kairo bowed. Arashi said, "All of you will be accompanying us to the hall."

The four soldiers bowed again said, "Yes, your highness."

Arashi looked at me and dragged me inside my room. I was surprised to see him here since I suppose, he wasn't allowed here until we were married.

I asked, "Why did you come here? Won't the empress be furious?"

"Don't worry about that. She is busy with the guests and the family."

I nodded as he said, "We will be going to the hall to have our lunch. I hope they have summoned you there. Did the empress summon you?"

"They have to summon me first?" I asked back since I had no idea. I heard about it from Rei and Hans. But they said I might have to go...

Arashi looked at me and exhaled a sigh. "Yes, you are my wife and the lunch is arranged by the crown prince and the empress. If they didn't summon you, it means they are disrespecting you."

"Oh..." I wasn't really sad about it because I had always been cast aside in my family too. So, it wasn't really shocking for me.

But seeing me not making any hurt expression, Arashi asked with a shocked voice, "Are you not sad or angry?"

I shook my head and smiled. "I don't really care about it as long as I get to eat with you together. And besides, I had always been cast aside in my family as well so..."

Arashi's face clouded with sadness but I wrapped my hands around him to let him know it was okay. I hardly reached his shoulders as my face buried on his chest. He immediately wrapped his hands around me and said, "I am always amazed by you."

"Why so?" I asked but my voice came out as muffled.

"Lately I am on edge and can't take it if anyone disrespecting you or trying to harm you... I feel ashamed that I am even thinking about getting on their good side when I didn't really need to prove them anything." He confessed and I felt like his burdens which was making him tense were released.

He had been on edge ever since the emperor woke up. He would get angry easily but now, it seemed he was just free from it. The tense atmosphere around him subsided greatly.

He chuckled and said, "All I could think of the moves the enemies would make or the way they would make it look like you were unworthy but in real, I don't even need their opinion..." He added, "As long as you are with me..."

I tightened my wrap around him as he leant his face down and I looked up. We were looking at each other as if we were seeing us for the first time. His eyes were dark and very beautiful. They were gentle when they fell on me and I loved it.

I smiled and said, "I am just doing this training so they would know your decision of choosing me wasn't wrong but it is not the only reason. I am doing this to see myself if I am worthy of you or not."

He got amused by my answer and nodded as the corners of his lips curled up. He said, "Just know this, Bianka. You don't ever have to prove anything to me."

He kissed on my forehead and said, "Because I know you are already worthy as my wife."

----
9th November, 22
1307