[Vol. 6] Chapter 140

(Third person POV- Omniscient)

Hana was biased as she stood before the kitchen. She had no idea what to make.

Well, she knew cooking but not many things since she would only boil or if it was meat, she would burn them in fire in the cave. In Gokudo's house, she didn't need to cook since he had maids to do all the cooking.

She looked at the door where their bedroom was. Kairo was still asleep and she had thought of cooking something delicious to make him fall in love with her.

A man's stomach is the way to his heart. That was what the elders had told her but they didn't give her any instructions of how to make a delicious dish!

She looked at the vegetables and the meat and decided to boil everything.

And that was what she did.

She placed a large pot and poured water. Then she added each vegetables—without peeling the skin off or cutting it—and then she added all the spices she found in the new shelves.

She had no idea what were those and she certainly had no idea how to use them. She had seen the maids in Gokudo's house to sprinkle those dusty things while making food and that what she did.

Maybe adding those strange and fragrant dusts could make a food delicious.

She also started to burn the meat on the flames like she used to do it in the cave and she smiled at her work since she was good at cutting meat. Each slice was thinly cut.

Now, Kairo wouldn't stop himself from loving her after eating her food.

She praised herself in her mind while her heart thumped loudly.

And Kairo as he was still asleep, he smelt something was burning. His eyes snapped open immediately as he followed the smell.

Was his new house starting to burn?! Was his house under attack?! Where was Hana?!

More importantly, what was this strange smell?

He came out of the room and mortified at what he saw. Hana was in the kitchen making food. Well, she had successfully burnt down the thinly sliced meat on a wooden stick that hung from above. The meat hardly looked edible and an horrendous smell was coming from the pot beside it, not to mention the dark brownish-purple colour it got. It certainly looked poisonous...

Did she add poison or what?!

He went there immediately and asked, "What are you doing?!"

She looked at him with wide eyes but immediately looked away in shyness as she said, "I...I woke up early so I started to cook..."

Kairo made a face as he saw the disaster in the kitchen. Every utensils and spices were scattered all over place and the vegetables weren't even cut.

She smugly displayed a smile thinking he was surprised to find her cooking skill but inside Kairo, he was just too mortified and angry at it.

He hissed, "Hana..."

"Yes?"

"Don't ever come into the kitchen!" He shouted as she flinched back.

Tears brimmed out of the corners of her eyes as she hiccuped and it made Kairo stiff like a statue. He didn't mean to hurt her...

He said, "I mean... I don't want you to cook since..."

"Since?" She hiccuped again as she waited for Kairo to finish his sentence.

He looked at her and his head ran for an excuse. He said coughing, "Er... I don't want you to tire yourself. It is your home so I want to pamper you since you are my wife now."

Hana's face turned red and realising what he said, Kairo's face turned red as well. Wife! Pamper! Just what was he thinking!

That sounded like he was flirting with her...!

He nervously smiled and said, "Let...let me cook instead... Why don't you do the other things like washing, cleaning and all?"

She nodded as a wide grin appeared on her face and she dashed away to do the things her husband said. She knew it that cooking a good meal would surely make him fall for her!

As she left, Kairo released a sigh and looked at the messed up kitchen as he groaned.

Now he had to clean and make food for them.

After a few hours, Kairo laid down on the bed as he got exhausted.

It seemed Kairo was the one who ended up doing every house chores that Hana did. She cleaned the floor but it was too watery that he had to clean it again.

She washed the clothes but it wasn't done properly so he had to wash them again.

And he had to cook and clean the kitchen as well...

He had no idea Hana was clumsy and a knuckle head when it came to doing house chores. It was almost unbelievable that she excelled at swords, fighting and making poisons. He had seen her speed and skills in those departments.

He was glad that he had a week off from his work but still he was already exhausted. Then what will happen when work start...?

He cried in himself...

He didn't marry Hana instead he had adopted a child...how would he survive!

It was late at the evening when Kairo came back from the market. It was already dark outside and when he entered, it was dark inside as well.

He called out Hana, "Hana? Why didn't you light up the house?"

He didn't hear a sound. Not even her footsteps. Where was she?

Worry came crashing his heart as his hand instinctively went to the hilt of his sword as his eyes became sharp. He knew it was impossible for any enemy to come inside Shinkyo but still...what if...

No...

Hana wasn't a delicate girl. She was far superior than Kairo when it came to fighting. He slowly took his steps and his cautious eyes watched every corners of the house but there was no sign of her.

And as he was about to get panicked, he saw at a corner of their bedroom, there was a blanket piled up as if someone was hiding there.

He went there as he called her name, "Hana?"

The piled up blanket was being pulled away as it revealed a crying face of Hana. She looked scared as Kairo immediately went near her and asked, "What happened? Why are you here like this?"

She sniffed and said, "It's dark...I—I am scared..."

Kairo felt her shivering body under his fingers as he got near her and embraced her small body in his arms. He asked, "Why are you scared?"

"I am scared of the darkness of that cave...and of that man... I just remembered him..." Her voice was breaking as she sniffed. She didn't look so strong now. She looked like she would break any moment and his hold on her body tightened.

"Remembered whom?" His face was near Hana's ear and it seemed the tension on her body subsided once she heard his voice.

"I don't know him but he used to come and...and..." She caught her ears and closed her eyes in fear as she buried herself in his chest.

Kairo didn't know what was happening with her or what had happened to her in that cave. Everything was very confusing and not to mention, the scars on her body.

He remembered she had so many scars... But she didn't remember how she got those. If she was not Lord Gokudo's daughter then who was she?

It was all getting complicated but Prince Rian had told him to get her everyday check ups as well as to keep an eye on her.

He had thought she was a fearless girl but he didn't know that she could be that frightened by someone or something. Just what she had remembered?

----
20th January, 23
1310