[Vol. 4] Chapter 77

As the whole palace was being decorated, I had a few days off from taking training under the empress.

She was busy with the decorations and calling the tailors for making new and fine kimonos for everyone in the palace that excluding me.

She never bothered to measure me for my tailor made kimono and I wasn't even surprised.

On the other hand, Arashi made sure to always two guards behind me and behind my doors.

Hans and Kairo would always follow me and I was glad about it since no one in the palace except for Rei, wanted to talk with me. They either ignored me or made a disgusted face whenever they say me.

Now that the emperor was recovering, the empress didn't want me to keep taking care of him. Arashi still went to check his health time to time and he kept coming to my chamber at night.

Although I was released from the training, I was still taking lessons under Arashi and Rei. Even Hiroshi and Hans were giving me knowledge on the politics.

I was serious when I said I would make the empress to acknowledge me and I would get her approval. So, I was still learning whenever I got the chance.

Rei and I were in the garden as Noya was in my lap, blabbering in incoherent words while playing with my hair. Rei was giving me knowledge on their family members. They had a large family and almost everyone would be coming to attend the joyous occasion.

She said, "I heard my grandmother has invited some of the neighbouring kingdom's kings and their families."

I asked, "Is that bad?"

She shook her head. "It isn't but I think this is totally unnecessary."

"But I guess she invited them to let them know about Arashi's arrival."

She nodded. "Yes. I think so too. Brother Rian is not happy about it..." She looked at me and asked, "Say, Bianka, will you and brother go back once you get married to him?"

I saw there was pain in her eyes and it seemed like she felt lonely and powerless here. I felt bad. If only she could come with us.

I nodded, "Arashi told me that so it is his decision to make. I am really sorry."

She shook her head and gave a smile that never reached her eyes. "I know. He has every reason to not stay here and I would never force him."

I looked at Noya who was now looking at a butterfly and was trying to reach his hands to catch it from my laps.

"Is there any possibility for you to come with us?" I asked.

She chuckled, "I wish there was but unless brother Rian says so, I have no rights to say that."

I nodded. True. She couldn't go since Noya was a prince from one of their neighborhood kingdom. It would be a treason if we take her away. The Wansai emperor and empress let her stay here because Noya's kingdom has approved it. I heard she would have to go back once Noya is fifteen years old.

Noya started to doze off as he was tired of trying to reach the butterfly and Rei chuckled. She took him in her laps and stood up saying, "Bianka, I am going back but please be sure to work on your instrument. You may have done great at needles but your music skill is way poor."

I exhaled a frustrated sigh as I nodded. I got only two notes done even after learning it from Arashi and Rei.

Rei went away as I sat on a seating arrangement beside the lotus lake. It was beautiful and I was just watching all the pretty insects dancing there in harmony.