[Vol. 7] Chapter 171

My eyes turned wide and I felt a shiver running down on my spine. Suddenly the world around me froze and started to spin as I had no idea what was happening anymore...

Medicine to abort the unborn child...

Mila patted my shoulders and said with a concerned voice, "It's okay, Bianka. Your baby is not hurt."

I didn't realise that I was holding my belly tightly as if to protect my baby from everyone. It was on intuition that my hands reacted on their own as my tears were falling freely.

The shiver on my skin didn't left me as for the first time I realised what was an actual fear felt like.

Protecting my child from unknown enemies and knowing they could try to make a move, made me shudder from my core. Now I truly felt scared. Scared of everything, scared of everyone.

The trust and kindness I had grown for a long time had started to fall apart slowly...

Because now I knew what it meant to be a mother.

My eyes moved toward Arashi who was looking at me with a worried gaze, his face was grim. I knew he was angry but his eyes said how terrified he was. It was his first child, after all.

And then a realisation hit me like a brick.

What if I ended up drinking that sake?

Arashi came to me as others stepped back. He placed his hands on my hands and gave a tight squish. He was feeling the same fear I was feeling...

He said with his deep voice, "It will be alright, Bianka. We will be staying in Shinkyo from now on."

I still couldn't understand as I only looked at him with eyes filled with tears. I was just too shocked to hear or see or to tell anything.

Arashi's eyes flared as he saw me crumbling down on such an auspicious day. He tightened his grip on my hands and assured me, "I will find them whoever tried to harm our child..."

I nodded, feeling his assurance as I sniffed.

Arashi told to Mila and others to get on the carriages. And they did so as the surrounding around us became cleared but Rose was with me. The guests were being searched and interrogated by the kuro soldiers and the Duke's men.

It seemed Arashi trusted the Duke but not the Wansai soldiers...

Hiroshi's eyes were dark as he came near Arashi and asked, "Arashi, it's weird."

Arashi nodded as he said, "It is. Because no one but we knew about Bianka's pregnancy yet how did the enemy come to know?"

"Do you think that our men..."

"No. They won't and people of Shinkyo certainly won't."

Arashi said, "Other than Shinkyo and us, only Rei and Rose knew about it and they won't say a word..."

And I felt Rose freezing beside me as I glanced at her. Her eyes had turned wide as if she realised she had done something terrible. And then, she turned her gaze to Prince Daichi.

I gasped.

She had told Daichi...

He knew it...

My eyes turned wide. Why would he try to kill my child? It was his brother's...

No.

For the throne, both Arashi and Daichi were qualified and if I gave birth to a child first, Arashi would get the power.

I froze as tears ran down from my eyes.

Never had I ever thought I would be put on a situation like this.

It was a situation that was hard for me. I didn't like Daichi but I knew Rose loved him.

I looked at Rose... It seemed like he was treating her well too and I couldn't just tell Arashi about it since he would end up killing him. His brother.

Rose just gotten a little bit happiness and I didn't want to snatch it away. She had been suffering for a very long time and if anything happens to Daichi, there would be no one to protect her...

However, what about my baby?

If he tried to kill my child, I would have no choice but to tell Arashi about it.

My mind started to get dizzy because of this whole ordeal.

Three lives were on my hands. And two options but I could only choose one. It was either Rose or my baby.

But I was unable to chose only one.

My heart started to ache and a bile formed in my throat that made me har to breathe. I felt to tired and wanted nothing but to sleep a little...

I looked at Rose and feeling my gaze on her, Rose looked at me with a watery and scared eyes. Her lips were quivering and her hands shook.

She said, making sure no one was listening to us. "Sister Bianka... I need to tell you something."

I knew what she wanted to tell but did she knew it was dangerous if she mentioned it now?

Arashi was just beside me and even if her voice was low, he had excellent ears.

But I didn't want to hear it. Not now.

I said, "Rose... Please, go back. I'm feeling a little tired. I want to retire and take a rest."

She said, "B—but Sister Bianka, it—"

I didn't let her finish as I tugged on Arashi's sleeves. As he looked down at me with concerned filled eyes, Rose didn't say another word, knowing he would hear it.

So, she was scared to tell that to Arashi...

Was she feeling it safe in telling me then? What was she thinking?

I was kind?

Well, she was thinking it wrong because I was not kind.

At least, not where my baby is concerned.

And I knew Arashi wasn't kind either especially after this bold move. He was enraged and I knew he would find the culprit by hooks or crooks.

He was only maintaining a grim face infront of people, but I knew, from inside, he was burning.

He was going to be merciless because they tried to harm his child. They tried to harm me.

If they thought his silence for his cowardice, they were wrong...

Because I know how cruel he could be once his possessions are being harmed or threatened. He was calm until now...

But not anymore...

----
3rd March
1051
----
A/n: Sorry for the alte update... I was so tired that I ended up taking a two-days rest. I will upload one chapter a day from now on if I have some free times in my hands.

Thank you