[Vol. 6] Chapter 155

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

Hiroshi and others were led to their rooms as they couldn't leave today. Also the Duke needed time for the other proposal.

"So would it be good to have three rooms for you?" Hibiki asked as he was the one guiding them.

Hiroshi said, "No. Two."

Miku's head snapped to him. Why two rooms?!

As Hana and Kairo were a couple, they would surely stay in one. Then...

She glared at Hiroshi from behind.

Hibiki looked back at Miku and said, "Okay."

What! Why did he gave her a look? Were they thinking she was here to warm his bed or what?!

She clenched her fists. All men were the same!

Hiroshi said, "Hana and Miku would be staying in one while Kairo and I will take the other."

Now, Hana and Kairo looked at Hiroshi with wide eyes.

"Why?" Kairo asked.

Hiroshi smirked at him, "Why? You can't stay away from your wife for a night?"

Hana got flustered and Kairo's face turned red.

"That's not what I meant!" He hissed as Hibiki laughed.

Hibiki suggested, "Well, I can alot three rooms then."

Hiroshi refused immediately, "No. Lady Miku can't stay alone since she is afraid of dark so, it's better Hana gives her a company."

Miku had no idea that she was afraid of dark.

And then it clicked. Hiroshi wasn't going to let her go easily! There was a chance she might run away so he must be doing that so she couldn't run away.

That bastard!

Kairo nodded, "Oh! Lady Miku, I had no idea. I apologise for my rudeness."

And then turned to Hana as he said, "Hana, be sure to stay with her."

Hana gave a curt nod and came near Miku to hold her hand. Now they were walking hands in hands.

Miku could only give a nervous smile but she certainly glared at Hiroshi who was walking before her.

Hiroshi glanced at her and smirked.

She knew it! He did it purposely so she couldn't run away.

It wasn't like she could anyway.

But she let out a sigh and looked at Hana. She was blissfully walking beside her like a child. Her gaze wonder around like a curious gaze of a child.

Miku instantly remembered her sister Kaede as she was like Hana. A curious cat! But she couldn't go outside. Her heart sank as she unknowingly patted on Hana's head.

Hana looked at her as she froze. Maybe she didn't like it?

However, the next moment she smiled and succumbed to her touch as if a cat.

Miku chuckled at her and patted her head.

It was around evening when they were all called for an evening feast.

Hana was with Miku and as Kairo had said, she didn't let her stay alone for a second. While Miku knew her siblings were worried sick about her...

As she came out the room, Hiroshi, Hibiki and one other person was with them. They had come to escort them.

They were led to a hall and Miku found her eyes bulging out of the sockets. The door was decorated with various lamps and was lit with a chandelier in the middle.