[Vol. 6] Chapter 157

(Third person POV- Omniscient)

Miku couldn't sleep all night as she turned and twisted in the bed.

First, she was worried about her siblings and second, her mind was occupied with someone else.

It was morning and her stomach growled of hunger. She hadn't eaten too much yesterday.

She might have taken too much wine but that resulted her in going to the bathroom all night several times.

Now she was exhausted.

The morning light illuminated from the window as she sat up, unable to sleep a wink.

It was devastating that the man could make her feel things she hadn't ever thought she would do.

But today, it was finally going to end.

Both of them would be going to their separate ways.

Well, she would be inside a cell, of course.

As she stood up, she went to the bathroom and prepared herself beforehand. She wanted to take those expensive antiques the room had but knowing Hiroshi would be displeased, she didn't do it.

What the hell! Why does she care!

Let him think badly of her!

Stealing one or two things from the Duke won't make it any difference anyway. She was a thief, after all.

However, no matter how much her hands went to steal those expensive things, she couldn't.

She got fad up and went toward the door.

She opened the door and saw Hana and Kairo just came out of the other room.

Both were still sleepy as they yawned. While Kairo stretched his back, Hana rubbed her eyes to wake herself. She was still attached to Kairo's left arm.

Kairo said, "Hana, go back to your room."

"I'm sleepy..."

"We have to leave early and reach Shinkyo by tonight." He said and finally opened his eyes.

He saw Miku looking at them with a knowing smirk.

She asked, "It seems you both slept really well..."

Kairo let out a sigh and said, "She didn't let me sleep all night! She kept whining and..." And he realised what he was saying sounded really improper.

He gasped as Miku's smirk grown bigger. "Oh, she whined and didn't let you sleep all night, did she?"

She teased as Kairo's face turned red and he said immediately, "That's not it! I mean it's not what you think it is!"

Miku teased more, "Well, it doesn't matter as long as you both are happy...and enjoyed."

Kairo looked at Hana and said, "Hana, c'mon tell her that we didn't do anything!"

Hana yawned and blinked open her eyes as she said, "Kairo didn't do anything. He kept a tight hold on me so I couldn't run away."

Miku grinned at Kairo as his face turned more redder than before. "Ahh! What are you saying Hana! You know you're too young for this so I wouldn't do anything!"

Hana said with an innocent voice, "But you told me yesterday you love me."

Kairo thought he would like to dig a hole and hide there. He knew that Hana's ultimate edition of love was saying their closed ones that they love them. Not doing something behind closed doors.

Miku laughed as it made Kairo very embarrassed. He said, "I—I do love you I... Just forget it."

Miku caught her belly and was still laughing. The two were just too adorable. They were probably the same age as Kaede and Hotaru were. They might have gotten married too early but she was impressed at Kairo that he was making sure that Hana grew up a little before they get deeper into their married life.