[Vol. 7] Chapter 163

(Bianka's POV)
(The day of the marriage)

I woke up early today since it was a big day for me.

Nervousness crawled inside of my belly as I wrapped my hands around me in the bathtub.

Kora asked, "Did something happen, your highness?"

I shook my head.

It was like a dream to get married with a ceremony and it was nerve wrecking. I had no idea that everyone, every person of Wansai, regardless of their statuses were coming to see me.  From Dukes to barons, marchants to peasants and some friendly neighborhood kings and queens outside of Wansai would be present.

They were here to see me. The wife of their Prince.

It felt like my burdens were intensified tenfold because they must be having delusions of having an amazing princess with a strong background.

What if they get offended? What if they don't like me? What if they don't welcome me? Would I end up tarnishing Arashi's reputation as well?

My body became rigid all of a sudden and I felt nauseated.

Calla and Kora both panicked and came near me to pull me out of the bathtub. "Your Highness?! Are you alright? Shall we call Prince Rian?"

I shook my head.

"No... I'm fine." I said, "I'm just..."

Worried, panicking and excited at the same time.

"Is sister Bianka worried about something?" Hana's voice bloomed as we all looked at her way.

She wore a cute pink kimono with red intricating flowers on it. She looked very beautiful. She was already prepared and had arrived in my chamber.

I didn't notice when did she enter the bathing room.

It seemed she heard my maids' panicking voices.

I said, "I am just scared."

Kora and Calla looked puzzled and caught my hands as they said, "But why, your highness?"

I said, "I am worried that no one will like me... They might find me..."

"But they don't know you." Hana said, "They don't know sister Bianka at all."

Kora said with a strong voice, "Yes, Lady Hana is right. They have no idea and your status or family won't hinder our Prince's status at all."

Calla nodded. "Yes, if it did. He wouldn't still care."

Hana asked, "Then why do you care if others don't like you? Sister Bianka knows very well that brother Rian would never allow anyone disrespect to you nor does he care about anyone's opinion."

Somehow they had managed to make me calm down. True. Does it matter?

I wasn't marrying Arashi for the sake of them. I was marrying him because we were already married.

I nodded as Kora and Calla continued to rub me with scented soaps and oils. They were very careful not to harm my little bulging out belly. Hana was curious about my belly and she was so cautious about my surrounding that she wasn't letting anyone other than Kora and Calla to enter my chamber. Rei couldn't come to prepare me since Noya's family members would be coming as well and she had to attend them.

Somehow, I felt she didn't want to attend her late husband's family members. I didn't know why.

Within two hours, Kora and Calla prepared me fully. My nails were trimmed, my skin glowed so much that I was finding it hard that it was really me. They had put powders and make ups on my face and lips while my hair was tied up with many accessories.

I looked dumbfounded at my own reflection.

Hana beside me looked at me like she was seeing an angel as Kora and Calla's chests poofed with pride at their skills.

I looked at them and said, "That! That's amazing! How did you guys do it?!"

Calla's nose grew in size as she said, "I had served a foreign princess once so I know how they do this. Their products are all different than ours but it makes one look more natural and beautiful."

I nodded and praised them more.

The red bridal kimono looked so beautiful that I was speechless. Although I was wearing extra layers under my bridal kimono to hide the bulge in my belly, I still looked a perfect bride. My waist wasn't visible since I was wearing a robe so they wouldn't be able to notice the weights I gained because of the pregnancy. I had to praise their skills because from top to toe, no one would be able to find that.

I said, "I am more amazed that you two chose this dress for me."

They looked at each other as I cast a questioning gaze.

Calla said with a smirk, "It was Prince Rian who chose your outfit, your highness."

Kora added, "Yes, he even told us to make you so beautiful that everyone would envy."

I got flustered as they grinned and Hana winked. I said, looking away, "Shut up, you three! Don't tease a pregnant woman!"

And my eyes fell on the hairpin that Arashi had given me. The blue stone was still so bright and I recalled the memories of it.

It was when he took me to Godoyama from my father's abode. It was my first ever gift from him. My hands reached it and I brushed my fingers on it.

It wasn't expensive like the accessories I was wearing right now but it was the most precious accessory in my life. I would always keep it around me.

Kora asked, "Does your highness wishes to put it around her hair?"

I looked at her through the mirror as my eyes sparkled. I asked, "Can—can you do that? I mean...it won't ruin the look you both were working on me for these whole hours, right?"

My heart thumped because I just wanted to wear it. Because it was the first thing he had given me with all of his heart and I wanted to keep it forever with me.

They smiled at me probably knew that the simple hair pin meant so much for me.

They nodded. "Blue always goes with red, your highness."

I beamed as I sat down on my seat and they put it on my hair. The ornament was put in the middle and it sit there as it was the most important item to finish my look. And it was.

Hana said, "It must be something important to sister Bianka..."

I nodded as I smiled. "Arashi gave it to me so, it is very dear to my heart..."

  ----
18th February, 23
1081