[Vol. 7] Chapter 165

My eyes bulged out as Hiroshi entered. He was wearing his Kuro soldier's vest and trousers.  He was also well equipped. But he looked different.

Maybe it was the robe he was wearing that was tied on one of his shoulders and hung from his back. Behind him came Kairo, then Koji, Takashi, Kondo and soon almost half of the Kuro soldier's important leaders had arrived one by one.

I looked at them with quizzical brows and it seemed the emperor and the empress were equally confused like me.

They all stood in lines both sides of me as Hiroshi said with a slight bow toward the emperor, "Your Highnes, apologies for being late but will you excuse us for I have to take my sister to her groom."

My head snapped at him as my heart thumped loudly inside of my chest. So... He was my acting parent? My guardian?

I didn't know why but I felt tears coming out of the corners of my eyes because I felt so happy that he was performing his duties as my brother. No one had done that for me.

Brother Hiroshi didn't know how much it meant to me. My family had been indifferent until recently. But it was also true that they couldn't come here even if I wanted to.

However, now it seemed, I had a very reliable brother beside me and my stomach fluttered.

It seemed Shin and Yoshi weren't shocked at all and I just knew they had planned it beforehand. But I got a little angry at them because they didn't tell me!

Hiroshi looked at me and panicked as he saw tears in my eyes, "Wha—wha—what happened?! Are you crying?!! Does your belly hurt?! Your highness?! Should I call Prince Rian?"

And it wasn't only him, Kairo immediately came beside me as he started to ask, "Sister Bianka?! Are you alright? Did brother Hiroshi say anything bad? Should I beat him to death?!"

Hiroshi added, "Yes, he can just bear me—hey! What do you mean by beat me to death! You brat!"

He glared at Kairo but Kairo added, "But brother Hiroshi always talks without thinking of others' feelings. I am certain you had said something that made her cry." He grinned wickedly as he said, "Wait till I say this to Prince Rian. Fufufu."

Hiroshi cracked his knuckles as he said, "It seems I hadn't given you enough disciplines, you brat! Come here and let me teach you some!"

And immediately we heard a sound of smacks together. It was Koji. He smacked on their heads together as he hissed, "Both of you! Our emperor is here! At least act properly not tarnishing Prince Rian's reputation!"

"You are the one who smacked us before the emperor..." They both said together as large potatoes had grown on their heads by Koji's smack.

Koji's left brow twitched as he bowed toward the emperor and said, "My apologies, your highness..."

The emperor laughed and said, "I feel at ease that my grandson has great people around him. No. No. It is alright."

I was sniffing but their act made me chuckle. They certainly didn't know when to hold themselves but that was the thing I loved most about them. They were carefree and always playful but deep down, they respected and cared for one another.

Koji, Kondo, Kairo and Hiroshi surrounded me as they asked, "Are you alright, Princess Bianka?"

And now I felt a little shy as I shook my head and wiped away my tears before it could ruin my precious maid's hard work. I said sniffing, "It was just dirts... I'm fine...bro—brother Hiroshi..." I muttered the last words as I felt shyness crawling on my face.

At that, all of them finally understood why I suddenly started to sniff and they gave gentle smiles. Hiroshi stretched out his right arm toward me and said, "Let's go, Bianka, to your groom. He is waiting there."

I nodded as I held his arm and we left, all the soldiers following us.

As we got out, I pouted, "Why didn't any of you say that you will be my guardian? I was worried sick!"

"Firstly, we had no time and secondly, it was a surprise for you from all of us."

I halted as I looked up at Hiroshi. "All of us?"

He nodded and smiled and soon the others came before me in lines as all of them bowed down on one of their knees, taking the swords on their hands and said, "Princess Bianka, we are your lowly servants and we surrender our swords at your feet as a token of our gratitude."

What? They were giving me their swords which meant they were surrendering themselves to me, their lives to my feet.

I knew how precious that black metal sword was to them. It was given to them by their master. It was an oath and it was more valuable than their lives.

Suddenly, I felt the burden of all the lives of them on my shoulders. It was heavy and now I knew how Arashi felt when he was the one who was their master. He had been carrying this burden on his shoulders for many years and now, I was going to carry it with him.

A shiver ran down on my spine as my lips quivered. I didn't know what it was. Was it fear, pride, honour? I didn't know.

But it made me feel so strong. Strong for them. I had to be strong for them. I couldn't cry infront of them like a small little girl. I had to be stronger than before so I could lead them with Arashi. It was an honour that they had acknowledged me as the one who was worthy to stand by their master.

Hiroshi said, "I'm the leader of them and as you are my sister, they are your family from today. And as you are also our Prince's wife, now we all serve under you."

Hiroshi left my hand and stood before them, facing me as he also bowed down on one knee and said, "We swore to protect you with last of our breaths. We swore to follow you with last of our strength. We swore to kill them who would dare to harm you or your possession with last of our blood..." They looked at my eyes, their eyes filled with pride and determination as they said all together and the whole vicinity got shaken by their voice, "and this is our oath from all of the Kuro soldiers."

----
19th February, 23
(1105)