[Vol. 4] Chapter 75

The emperor heard me and started to laugh hysterically that the guards outside heard him while I fumed with anger.

They immediately came running and as soon as they saw the emperor laughing, they got startled. 

"Err... Princess Bianka? Shall I call Prince Rian?" Han was there and he asked as I nodded, my eyes were still on the emperor.

"You may." I said as he sent the other man who was with him. 

I wasn't pleased at all. The emperor might be finding my words a bluff but I was determined to protect Arashi too. Maybe I had no power but I would be sure to do my research because I needed to know as well who were friends and who were foe. 

I knew Arashi wasn't a normal Prince and to be with him, I needed to acquire a great knowledge. I needed to become strong enough so he could rely on me. I couldn't be a frog of a well anymore. I needed to become a shark of the sea to be worthy enough to call his wife. 

Arashi, the empress and Rei came running and the emperor caught his belly. All of Arashi's men were startled as well as him. He came behind me and looked at his grandfather with a pair of quizzical brows.

"You two certainly are made for each other." The emperor said, "No wonder Arashi got you as his wife."

Arashi and the others looked at the emperor with puzzled looks. The emperor said, "Be sure to do that Bianka. You have to keep what you have promised me today and I didn't lie to you. Everything I said were true."

My eyes were narrowed at him as I knew those were all truths. The enemies weren't from the outside but from the inside but he wasn't going to disclose who they were. It could be because he was afraid of something. I knew once our marriage became official, the danger would increase but I was prepared for that. Or, was I?

My feet went cold as I felt a bit shaken however, Arashi must have sensed I was shaking. He sneakily caught my palm and pressed with assurance. I looked at him as he smiled and I let out a sigh. 

No... 

I couldn't become vulnerable and hide behind Arashi forever. I knew he would do anything to protect me but I needed to protect him in my way. For that I needed to learn everything. 

I pressed back his hand and smiled.

"Pardon me but what are you talking about, grandfather emperor?" Arashi asked as his eyes looked between me and his grandfather.

"Oh! Nothing..." His grandfather shook his head and said, "We were just discussing your marriage."

Arashi raised a brow as the empress's eyes bulged out of her sockets. She exclaimed, "What! What are you saying? I haven't given any permission yet!"

"But, I believe both of them are best suited for each other..." The emperor was cut off.

"But that doesn't mean she is suited as his wife!"

"But—"

"I don't want to hear anything! I need to—"

Before the argument went further, I cut them off as I said, "I want to finish this training."

All of them looked at me as the empress humped. I began, "Her Highness is right. To become his wife, I must see if I am worthy or not. Besides, I don't want people saying that I became his wife in a bluff."

At that a smirk formed at the corners of Arashi's lips, Rei smiled knowingly as the emperor nodded but the empress still was looking away. She seemed disturbed and annoyed at my statement. 

But I was determined. I needed to qualify in her exams and I needed to learn everything.

"Pardon, your highness the emperor and the empress..." All of us looked at the source as we heard a voice.