[Vol. 4] Chapter 79

The summon came soon after that as a maid from the crown prince came by while I was with Arashi in my chamber.

Hans announced, "Prince Rian and Princess Bianka, a maid has come by."

Arashi nodded and said, "Let her in."

The maid came and she did a deep bow while Arashi's men entered behind her.

She looked like a bunny the way she was shaking when surrounded by a bunch of wolves. I had to say, Kuro soldiers had an immense domineering aura that made them intimidating.

Arashi ordered her, "Speak."

She said in a weak voice and I could hear her heartbeat from here, "Crown Prince, Prince Shiroichi told me to convey that Your Highness and his respected concubine has been summoned to join the lunch in the main hall."

As soon as her words came out, Arashi glared at her. The maid shrunk back in fear as Arashi asked, "And who is exactly the concubine?"

"Please, have mercy, your highness, it was the message from the crown prince..." Her voice shook and I heard her sniffing as she added, "If-if I go back alone... He-he would..."

He nodded. "Then go and tell him to send my wife a proper summon. If he won't, I won't attend the lunch myself and I will not allowed my wife to go there either."

The maid started to shake vigorously as it wasn't even her words. She was ordered to tell those words and I knew it was really hard for her. Maids had the most brutal life in palaces as I had seen when my father took me once in a palace. They would be punished for the crimes they had never commited. Even if they do their best, they would always have to suffer in the end.

And the worst thing was, they could not even make an excuse or say the truth.

Even if she had no choice but to do what the superior persons tell her to do, in the end she would be the one to get the punishment. It would be considered as she had failed in her task.

I felt so bad for her and I didn't want her to get punished either. While it was rude to call me a concubine, I had no choice but to go on the summon. If I went, it would mean I had accepted myself as a concubine.

The Crown Prince certainly was very cleaver. He knew how to make others unable to make a move.

However, I thought if it was Arashi's maids or one of his men, they wouldn't get punished since Arashi understood their situation. I had never seen him punishing his people wrongly. Even his people had deep respect and trust for him.

I interjected Arashi and said, "How about you send Hans or Kairo instead to relay the message?"

He looked at me and thought for a moment. He understood that the maid had no hands in it and if she went back to her master without me, she would be gravely punished.

He nodded and told Hans, "Hans, go with the maid and tell my respectable uncle that 'If he wants us to attend the lunch, he would have to come by himself to tell his message.'"

My head snapped at Arashi and the maid even looked at him with a horrified face. We both looked at him as if he had grown another head on his shoulders. Was he serious!

It was really insulting if the crown prince had to come by himself at my doors. If he had went to Arashi's quarters, it wouldn't be an insult since Arashi held superior status than his uncle. But it was a different matter if it was me...