[Vol. 4] Chapter 80

As we entered the hall, we saw Arashi's seat was just beside the emperor. And as soon as I entered, some of the maids came and set up another small table just beside him. I knew it was for me.

The hall was pretty busy because of the guests' and family members' endless chatting and it subsided immediately when Arashi and I entered.

All of their eyes were him, some with admiration and some with shock. But then their eyes fell beside him on me. I stiffened as I wasn't accustomed to getting that much attention all at once.

But I still managed to stay straight and keep my head up without tripping and making an embarrassment.

He took his seat on the cushion and I took mine a little distance away. Some of them were a bit surprised as I sat between Arashi and Rei. Even the empress didn't like it since she clearly sneered at me.

As everyone gathered finally, the crown prince said, "I am very glad to announce that the emperor has recovered from his illness and it is a good reason to celebrate it among us."

The others nodded although they kept glancing at Arashi and me. Some of them were still curious about my identity and it seemed the empress wasn't fond of disclosing it here as she simply avoided the topic by saying, "And I am happy that you have all gathered here to enjoy this moment. I would like to tell that my grandson has arrived a few days ago and now finally my family is complete."

They didn't even tell them about me...

However, it seemed like some of them weren't going to make things smooth as one of the guests asked, "And who could this young lady be?"

He pointed at me as all the eyes once again were on me. I stared at them with a blank face.

The empress didn't want to disclose anything about me as she simply gave a nervous smile and said, "She is also a guest..."

Seriously! And did she think, they were going to believe it when they clearly can see me sitting between Arashi and Rei?

Arashi took that opportunity and said, "She is my wife, Princess Bianka."

The empress glared at me.

Why did she have to glare at me when her grandson was the one making comments not me!

The other family members and the guests had started to whisper among themselves as the same person asked, "Then I suppose, she is from a neighbouring kingdom. I am wondering which one it is."

"She certainly is not..." Akio answered and all the attention went to her.

I sighed. Of course, how could I forget she was here as well. She and her mother were sitting after the crown prince beside the empress.

"Oh! Then she must be from a really well-known family..."

Akio once again said, "I think, it would be better if we don't judge her based on her background..."

I looked at Rei and she shook her head in defeat. Both of us knew Akio wanted people to know about me and make them judge so she could marry Arashi.

Up until now, Arashi wasn't paying attention to it or he didn't want to give them any explanation but now even he had begun to get a little irritated about how nosy people were.

He took a glance at the crown prince as if to tell him to handle the situation.

The crown prince didn't want the conversation go further since he knew Arashi wouldn't like it. After what happened, he was cautious about getting on his bad side.

He said, "Alright. Let us pray for Wansai's prosperity and happiness and start with our meals..."

But the guests were eager to know as the said, "But won't we have the privilege to know who exactly she is?"

Arashi huffed a breath and looked straight into the man's eyes as he said, "Isn't it enough to know that she is my wife?"

The man chuckled nervously and nodded. "Of course, of course..." he looked at me and smiled but I could feel the curious cat inside of him dancing in his belly.

The food was served as we waited for the emperor to take his chopsticks. He said, "I am honoured to have you all here and as well as I am blessed to have my grandchildren gathering here together. Let us enjoy this moment."

And then he took his cup and stretched his hand toward all of the guests. The guests were all thrilled as they took their cups and hung them in the air before gulping it down. Now the emperor took his chopsticks and ate the first meals we all started to eat.

Thankfully, nothing happened in the lunch hour as I was having my meals in peace. I was talking with Rei occasionally as my eyes found Princess Rose. Prince Daichi sat beside Akio and after him, it was his wife but she wasn't even touching the food.

I glanced at her and feeling my gaze, she looked at me and immediately averted her eyes away. I wondered what their issues were.

I kept glancing at her and then I found my eyes moving toward Daichi. I saw he was talking with Akio and Akio was being a little different.

They were chatting while Akio was giggling and batting her eyes lashes as if she was being flattered. I borrowed my brows and looked at Princess Rose.

She was sitting in a straight and stuff position, not even touching her food but her face seemed so sad and pained. What was going on?

I asked Rei, "Rei, does Prince Daichi and Akio know each other well?"

She nodded as she was chewing on her food, Noya was playing with his toys beside her. "Yes, we all used to play together when we were young. Since everyone scattered away because of our family pressure, we barely have any time to chat among each other."

I nodded but I had never seen Akio talking with anyone other than the empress and the emperor. She had so much pride in her that she wouldn't even talk to Rei. She talked with her because Rei was grandchild of the emperor. Rei wasn't favoured much because she was married to another kingdom however she was a direct child from the family so, she still held some importance.

But Akio seemed to be a little too close with Daichi. I shrugged and discarded the thoughts that had been bugging me since it wasn't like I could be helpful to Princess Rose and besides, it was already evident that Daichi didn't like me.

As I was enjoying the delicious meals from the palace, I felt a cold gaze toward me. I looked up and saw, it was Daichi.

His eyes were sharp and cold and somehow it felt like he was looking at me with killing intend. A shiver ran down on my spine as I looked away immediately. Why was he looking at me like he was angry?

I looked up to see if he was still looking at me or not but he wasn't. He had started to talk with Akio again but beside him, his wife, Princess Rose's face seemed a bit pale as she looked at me with a pair of worried eyes.

What was going on?

----
10th November, 22
1241