[Vol. 6] Chapter 153

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

They arrived at the capital of Komaki, Doshi, and their carriages stopped before the Duke's palace. It was a beautiful palace and the walls were high.

One of the Duke's men came as they all came out of the carriages.

He was an young knight wearing white attires, his black hair fell on his forehead and he smiled at Hiroshi, "Welcome to Komaki, Hiroshi dono."

Hiroshi grinned, "You have grown up, Hibiki."

He gently patted on his shoulder as an act of brotherly love and Kairo looked at them with doubtful gazes.

"Brother Hiroshi, do you know him?" He asked.

"Yes, we met on a mission and he had orders from the Duke to follow my leads."

Hibiki said, "Please, come inside. My Lord is waiting for you."

Hiroshi wasn't surprised that the Duke came to know of their arrival. He knew Duke Gingiro had spies everywhere as well.

Once they had entered Komaki, Duke would know.

They crossed the towers and several buildings of the palace and finally they reached the Duke's quarters.

Hiroshi said, "Hibiki, why don't you give a tour to my subjects? They have no part in this mission anyway."

Hibiki didn't question further as he knew what Hiroshi meant was to have a private meeting with the Duke. He nodded and said to Kairo and the two ladies, "Then I can give you a tour in the palace and also I will arrange some food for you."

Hana was already excited as her eyes sparkled but Miku wasn't thrilled at all. She wanted to go back.

She knew even if she go back, she wouldn't be able to reach before night. And nighttime into that forest wasn't safe. She didn't say anything as she followed them.

She knew there wasn't any chance of getting away. Kairo, Hana and probably Hibiki would catch up with her in no time.

One the other hand, Hiroshi entered the Duke's office chamber as Duke Gingiro Shimadzu stood up from his chair and greeted him, "Hiroshi, it has been long. I was waiting for your arrival. I hope the journey was pleasant."

He said, "You wouldn't imagine..."

Duke laughed as his golden hair fell on face and blue eyes sparkled. "I heard about the bandits."

And he offered, "Please, take a sit."

Hiroshi took his chair before him but his eyes went toward two of the Duke's subjects who stood behind him. One of them had a massive structure and his tan skin looked good on the white attire. The other one was pale but tall. His eyes were dark and there was something sinister about him. His hair was tied and fell on one side of his shoulder to the front.

The Duke looked at them, clearly understanding that Hiroshi wanted some privacy.  He said, "Lorenzo and Kotatsu, leave us for we need some privacy. Make sure you stay away from the door."

The both nodded and went away immediately. Now there wasn't anyone to peek at their conversation.

"So, what is it the Prince has passed through the message?" The Duke asked as he placed his arms on the table.

Hiroshi smiled and brought out a scroll as he handed it to him. He said, "This is the matter regarding the previous subject you have mentioned and," he brought out two letters as he gave him to the Duke, saying, "One is a personal letter for you. It is confidential and the other is the invitation for the marriage."

The Duke nodded and opened the scroll. He looked through it as Hiroshi waited.

Duke Ginjiro certainly mastered not to show his expressions on his face.

But as he finished reading it, he smiled. "I have to say, I'm really glad that my prince is taking this into consideration. I have been thinking about it as well."

He looked at Hiroshi and asked, "Does Prince Rian want an official confirmation for my presence into the matter?"

Hiroshi shrugged, "That would be great too but you know he wants your words."

He smiled, "Of course, I will be there in the meeting."

Hiroshi nodded but Duke Gingiro brought out a blank scroll and said, "But I will be sending an official confirmation. Since it is a political matter and also needs everyone's involvement. The prince have my word. Komaki will be there."

Hiroshi nodded as Duke started to write the letter and at the end of it, he gave Komaki's official stamp with his signature and gave it back to Hiroshi.

Hiroshi put it inside of his chest pocket that was hidden and said, "The confidential letter must be lit in fire after reading, Duke Gingiro."

Hiroshi's eyes became sharp as Duke's eyes narrowed down. It must be a really important matter as the prince had ordered to destroy it.

Gingiro nodded and tore open the letter as he started to read. All the while he hadn't displayed any emotions but at the end of it, he chewed his bottom lip.

As he looked up, Hiroshi said, "I will have your words for it in my head and will tell my prince your answer. No need to write down its reply."

Duke said, "But I'm afraid I will have to think it over."

Hiroshi nodded. "You have one night since I have to get back immediately. Also the meeting will be held one day before the marriage. The emperor will be present there as well."

"I see..." Duke Ginjiro nodded. "I have to say, there's no one greater than Prince Rian in state politics."

He took the letter and lit it on fire while Hiroshi grinned and said, "Don't say that My Lord, you are not far behind when it comes to politics."

The Duke's eyes had gotten sharp as he smirked. The gentle smile was long gone as Hiroshi shared his smile. It seemed like something evil was going on in their heads yet both were familiar with it.

He said, "What can I say? For acquiring power, one has to come out of his shell."

Hiroshi nodded. "That is quiet right."

After all, Duke Gingiro was an illegitimate child of the former Duke and he had two more brothers with whom he had to fight for the throne. It took a great political mind to come in power, in which Prince Rian had helped him.

They were friends and matters regarding the internal affairs, they had worked together.

He asked, "Does Prince Rian wants to come out his shell?"

Hiroshi said, "Well, he doesn't but he doesn't have a choice either. After many unfortunate incidents, my prince has decided to step up into this matter."

Ginjiro smiled and said, "Alright. This time I will help him too but I would have to think about his proposal. Especially about the marriage..."

Hiroshi nodded and said, "Then I am going to take a rest."

"How about you join me in a sake competition like we used to, Hiroshi?" Ginjiro proposed.

"You do know you will end up loosing, My Lord."

The Duke laughed, "You are the same as before. But don't worry I won't be defeated this time."

Hiroshi grinned, "Alright. Then see you at the sake competition."

----
2nd February, 23
1202
----
A/n:

Well, you didn't get what they were talking about... But you will know.

Soon. ;)