[Vol. 6] Chapter 136

(Third person's POV- omniscient)
[Since the day of the marriage]

Hana felt weird after getting married. She had never thought that Kairo would marry her.

Their rituals were different but she would be lying if she said she didn't enjoy it. All of them, men, women, children, olders, everyone welcomed her with warm smiles. For the first time, she felt she was filled with love.

They kept teasing Kairo and her whenever they get the chance and it made Hana's face permanently red the whole day.

Then the group of elders arrived...

There were five older women and three older men, all had wrinkle faces and some of them even had no teeth. They were just too old.

As Kairo bowed to them for their blessings, Hana bowed as well, imitating him.

Kairo said, "They are the elders of Shinkyo."

"Elders?"

He nodded, "They give advices and they know every wise things because they have lived longer. They also spread the old tales and events to people around them. Most of the things of the past we learnt from them. We all respect them."

She nodded acknowledging the elders. Kairo started to talk with them. She didn't know the new culture or their rules. So, it was best to follow Kairo.

But the elders suddenly surrounded them. The older men took away Kairo as she was left with the old women.

They gave her toothless grins and said, "Now, my dear Hana... If you would be so kind, how about we give you some advices..."

Hana nodded, giving them a sweet smile and thought, it was best to hear from their elders so she could gain knowledge.

And two of them came near her, whispering in her ears, "So, you do want that cheeky bastard to love you right?"

Hana's smile turned into a frown as she asked, "How do you know that?!"

It was a surprise that they knew she wanted her husband to fall in love her! Her respect for them intensified tenfold. Were they...were they Gods!

They caught her attention in this. She needed to know everything!

Their grins broadened as they said, "We know everything. But first, you have to know some basic things since you are still so young, my dear."

She nodded and her mind was determined to take their precious advices. They certainly made a great impact on her.

As one of them displayed an evil grin and said, "You need to know what a man want!"

"What is it that he wants?" Her heart thumped. Finally she would know what Kairo wanted!

"The thing you have kept hidden all these years! Now you can't do that!"

She nodded with a serious face but what was it she had kept hidden?

All she kept hidden was her formula book on which she had been writting down her experiments in poison!

Her eyes widened. So, she couldn't hide it...

Of course! How could she hide it from her husband?

She said, "Then I have to be open about it..."

The elders nodded. Another one said, "Yes! Be bold! And you know how to do it?"

She shook her head. She said, her heart running wild, "I don't know... But I have to!"

They nodded together and one of them remarked, "You are the first person who has the same mindset as us! I haven't seen such enthusiastic girl in a while!"