[Vol. 5] Chapter 108

Hans and Kairo returned with my meals after a while and as they entered, they looked around suspiciously.

Everyone including Lord Kishimoto and Mr Garo were not even taking any glance at me. They all were working with sheer concentration and dedication.

Hans asked, "Has something happened?"

I looked at them and asked back, "What would happen?"

They shrugged and Kairo said, "The office suddenly seems to have a different... atmosphere." He muttered the last word in whisper as if he wasn't sure what kind of word he would use to describe it.

I looked around and asked, "What kind?"

Hans answered, "Like it doesn't have any tension in the air and everyone seems... quiet?"

I shrugged, "Maybe they have changed?"

"In a few minutes?" Kairo asked as I blinked.

I said, "Anything can happen in a few minutes."

Uncle Kenji was passing by as he stopped and gave me a proud smile and said, "Yes, anything can happen in a span of a minute."

We both nodded in agreement as Hans and Kairo looked between us in confusion.

Then uncle Kenji cut off the moment and said, "Now, Bianka, go and have your lunch or else I would have to answer Arashi..."

I giggled and nodded as I went to a different table where everyone go have their meals. I sat there as Kairo and Hans placed the food before me.

***
I was still working and it was past midnight. The candles' light flickered as I released a tired breath and stretched my back.

I was alone in the whole building. Kairo and Hans went as their shift had ended. They wanted to tag along but I told them I was about to go after them. As they left, I thought I should finish some more. Although they suggested that I could take some of the scrolls with me and finish it in Arashi's office.

I should have done that since his wings always was guarded and I could ask them to bring my food as well.

But I had no idea when it went past midnight while working. I wanted to finish as much as possible so they wouldn't have to worry about it.

"You do know that I don't like anyone disobey my orders." I got startled as I heard the familiar deep voice.

It was Arashi's as I looked back and saw he was glaring at me.

I chuckled nervously. "I-I just wanted to finish some more so the work won't pile up when I'm gone."

"I am sure there are more people to do that..."

"But it got piled up over the years..." I said since I was checking the papers from five years ago.

"They have slacked off or did it irresponsibly."

Well, they had slacked off too much then...

"But the count is not matching at all. I think I have to start from before..." I said.

Maybe since eight years?

There was so many things I didn't understand like there was mass expenditure and selling of something I couldn't understand. The details weren't there either.

But it was too much to handle for me alone.

Arashi asked, "Have you had your dinner?"

I froze. Well, about that...

I gave him another nervous smile as he sent daggers in my way. "Bianka..."

I stood up slowly and said, "I—I was about to go have my dinner..."