[Vol. 6] Chapter 160

(Arashi's POV- Third person limited)

Arashi got up and went to meet grandfather emperor as he was summoned.

Although Hiroshi just came back not a while ago, he insisted on tagging along with him. It seemed Hiroshi was also concerned about this summon.

Arashi reached the emperor's quarters as the guards announced his arrival. "Prince Rian has come."

They opened the door but stopped Hiroshi.

The emperor said, "Rian, we need to talk alone."

Arashi nodded as Hiroshi stayed behind but it was evident he was eager to know what the emperor had to say.

As Arashi's right hand man, Arashi had always discussed his plans with Hiroshi but for people they needed to pretend that Hiroshi knew nothing.

Arashi entered and saw the emperor and the empress both were there.

The empress's face was sour and she gave a displeased look at Arashi and at the emperor.

As soon as the door closed, the empress said, "Why does it have to be official?"

"What do you mean by this, dear?" The emperor asked. "We discussed about this a while ago."

"But I still don't approve of it. My grandson marrying a farmer's daughter! What worth does she have?!" She fumed as the emperor gave an annoyed look. "People of Wansai will laugh at us."

Not able to argue further with the empress, the emperor said, "Go back to your chamber, dear. I need to discuss about something important with Rian."

"About what? About how he would be marrying that farmer's daughter?!"

"You do know that Princess Bianka has already proven her worth. She is also excellent in her work as an accountant. Didn't we get the reports of her work already?" Although emperor's voice was calm but he sounded very irritated and frustrated. It seemed they had been in arguments for this for a quite while.

"It doesn't matter! She doesn't belong to any royalty and even normal imperial workers of ours can do what she has done." She argued.

Both the empress and Arashi were avoiding each other since after the announcement of the marriage. But now, he was irritated with her arguments. He could see why the emperor was also frustrated.

"Then why didn't we see any progress all these years?" Arashi intruded but he wasn't looking at the empress.

Arashi hadn't said anything until now but it was true the imperial workers only did their jobs carelessly. Now that Bianka had found many holes in the accounts, they had no rights to say that they could do it. If they could then why didn't they?

The empress didn't have a word as she looked away fuming.

But Arashi said, "Grandfather emperor, if you wish to see me later, I can come back later. It seems grandmother emperor is just too fond of wasting both of our precious times by arguing on useless things when Bianka clearly proven she is the best influencer in the whole imperial court."

The empress glared at him as she said, "Dear, why don't you just tell your grandson about my proposal? Since he is too busy to fawning over his wife who is the best influencer in the court."

Both were too stubborn on their own views and opinions and no one was backing down as Arashi said, "Grandfather emperor, why don't you tell grandmother empress that we have more than important things apart from fawning over someone or arguing on baseless things. Unfortunately, I am too busy because of my wedding and for the matters which I need to cater."