[Vol. 7] Chapter 177

(Third person's POV- Omniscient)

It took them two days to reach their destined location, Oda, a small town where mostly the illegal trades were done.

One of Duke Ginjiro Shimadzu's subordinates had appointed a small meeting in this town with the suspected man.

Hibiki said, "Well, Lorenzo will go to the inn alone as he will act like Lord Hashi's subject and we can surround that man from all around."

Kairo pursed his lips as he gave it a thought. It certainly would be better to let Lorenzo go but it seemed too simple.

Kairo said, "I don't think that man is too dense to come to meet a subject of his customer... It would make him come to the light and if it was me, I wouldn't risk putting my face in the light either."

Hibiki gave it a thought as well. He asked, "What was the code name of this man again?"

Komesuge who was under Kairo, said, "Viper."

Hibiki cringed his nose, "Too flashy for my liking..."

Kairo rolled his eyes. "Why? What would you prefer, serpent?"

Hibiki said with a straight face, "No. Black Viper with most deadliest poison. In short: Blavimop (Bla(ck) Vi(per) Mo(st) P(oison)."

Everyone who were present there looked at him with blank faces. His joke at the moment didn't subsided the tension at all.

Kairo asked Lorenzo, "Where did he get that unique brain of his?"

Lorenzo shrugged, "Don't ask me even I have no clue of..."

Hibiki feigned hurt as he pouted, "How cruel! All of you don't get my jokes at all!"

Komesuge asked suddenly, "What about the deadliest? Wouldn't it be Blavimodep? (BlaViMoDe(adliest)P)?

Now everyone's gazes fell on him as Komesuge blinked. "What!"

However, Hibiki looked at him with sparkling eyes as if only he was able to get his joke.

Kairo let out a sigh. They were too relax but it might help them to catch the Viper.

As if now, they were on a rooftop of an inn's building where nobody would be suspicious of them. Before the action, they were making sure everything was according to their plans. Failure wasn't an option.

The streets of Oda were shady just like those inns. The darkness of every corners of the town made it too shabby and perfect for illegal activities.

The town was a lot far from Wansai which made it impossible for anyone to make it a good one. And the Lord of this town didn't care as long as he got his share from the traders.

The five men, Kairo, Hibiki, Lorenzo, Komesuge and Kanzaki were waiting as their eyes stayed on the said inn, inspecting each and every person who were going in and out.

Kairo said, "Kanzaki, you stay outside while four of us will go inside taking disguises..."

Hibiki asked, "Why? I thought only Lorenzo and you will be going."

Kairo said, "I don't think he would come..."

"Oh he will come since Lord Hashi has offered a good amount." Hibiki added.

Kairo asked, "And would it be enough to risk your identity?"

Hibiki scratched his chin as he looked down.

The information was that one of Lord Hashi's subjects would be meeting the Viper in the said inn in Oda. Since Oda had no enforcement and the lord's men didn't cared either, the people were free to do whatever they wanted. So Viper said he wanted to hold the meeting here.