[Vol. 7] Chapter 174

[Cution! The chapter may contain some gruesome things but I will try not to add gory details...]

(Third person's POV - Omniscient)

After a three day tracking of the culprit, Kairo felt tired.

Because in those three days, his men had found the culprit but not the mastermind of it. This was a long chain of people. Whoever planned the ambush, was really cleaver.

However, they won't go far since Kairo's men were all around Wansai capital and the small cities around it. He had managed to find out clues.

He was with two daggers as blood dripped from the tip of those. Nails were scattered around his feet as weeping of two men could be heard in the darkness of the cells.

He asked, "So, I will be very specific now... You got this small bottle from another man?"

He nodded shakily, tears flowing through his fear filled eyes. "I swear, I only gave it to that man. I hadn't even done a single thing... All I did was to carry it and deliver it."

Kairo rubbed his daggers and it cried with a screech noise as the man flinched, his eyes were on the daggers which had been tormenting him everyday for long hours.

Kairo said, "I see... But you did know that it was for the prince and for the princess?"

He nodded.

Kairo smiled, "That means, you did it knowing so well that you're committing a crime."

His voice shook, "I'm so sorry... Please forgive me."

Kairo smiled, a devious one, "Oh! I will forgive you if I feel like it. But unfortunately I am not feeling even a little bit of empathy..."

And the next second, the guards outside of the dungeon heard screaming and moaning of the captives.

One of them said, "Err... Kairo is certainly very... dangerous... If you forget how cheerful he seems from outside."

The other one nodded in agreement as he coughed, "No wonder he is in charge of us. Even when we are older than him."

A moment later, after a lot of his very personal sessions, Kairo went to report to Hiroshi. He was a bit tired because of the endless interrogations and tracking the chain of people.

He went to Prince Rian's chamber since brother Hiroshi would be there. As he was walking he could feel the tension in the air. Everyone was on the edge.

Apparently, trying to kill the heir of Wansai meant a war and it was not a simple matter.

He needed to tell Prince Rian the important details that he got out from the captives. Although it wasn't much but a little bit of information could become a great clue.

Lately he couldn't go back to home and hadn't seen Hana for a few days. Although he knew Hana was staying with Princess Bianka all the time since she felt shocked about the news where her child was about to get assassinated.

He didn't even have time to get Hana checked with Prince Rian since everyone was busy. And it might not be a good time for that. He just wished Hana wasn't having any nightmares like before...

He knocked and opened the door. As expected brother Hiroshi and Prince Rian were there.

Prince Rian's features were a little terrifying at the moment as his sharp gazes fell on Kairo.

"Prince Rian... I got an important information."

Hiroshi's brows knitted as Prince Rian nodded. Kairo entered and closed the doors behind him.