[Vol. 4.5] Chapter 101

After the wedding, everyone celebrated the day with sake and different types of food. There were people who showed their excellent talents including some people performing their traditional dances but my parents had to depart since it wasn't good to leave the territory for too long.

Before leaving, my father called me and I looked at Prince Daichi for permission. He nodded as I went to a corner. My heart was sinking at the thought that I wouldn't be able to see them again.

He said, "Rose, make sure they don't send you back. I will be back when your coronation will happen."

"Coronation?"

"Yes, you will be called Princess Rose after that." He said, "But I guess, there are some trials before that... I am not really aware of it."

I nodded. Their system was different than ours.

He looked at me and said, "I am leaving one of my man here but don't let anyone know. I have hired someone from their people."

I nodded as he continued, "If anything happens or they treat you poorly, I will know of it."

I felt relieved and said, "Okay..."

He smiled at me and said, "If they don't give you the title you deserve, after I get the money, I will take you back with me. Okay?"

I nodded again and he kissed on my forehead. "Alright. I have to go now. Take care of you."

And then my mother came and cried a little... Well, a lot before leaving and then I came back to where Prince Daichi was seated.

As I was enjoying the evening, my heart still cried for my parents. My mind was fogged with questions like, 'will I ever cope with them? Can I manage everything?' I was still confused about what was going on with Prince Daichi's father and with my own father...

As my mind was diverted from my own thoughts, my eyes unknowingly went to Prince Daichi and I saw he looked so lonely even when we were surrounded by people. His eyes stayed somewhere and I moved my eyes where he was looking.

I saw a pretty lady sitting a bit far away from us. Her mood didn't appear good at how she looked and Prince Daichi was looking at her. My heart ached...

There was longing in his looks and there was sadness. Was she his lover?

I diverted my eyes and after a while that pretty lady came, behind her, there was a beautiful lady. She looked to be in her late forties.

They came and bowed before Prince Daichi and said something. It felt like they congratulated him but he wasn't happy.

He nodded and chatted with them. He looked at me and said, "Meet Princess Akio."

I nodded and I was confused if I should do a curtsey or a bow. I looked at him helplessly and he seemed to get me as he said, "Just bow."

I bowed my head.

I didn't understand what were they saying but from how he looked at Princess Akio, it felt like they loved each other.

There was a dull ache in my heart as I diverted my attention to enjoying the evening but my mind was too occupied with everything.

After the celebration ended, I had been guided to my husband's chamber and I saw it was a different room. It was larger than the room I was in before.

I sat on the bed. It was soft.

Then I realised, last night he had come to my room and he lied about everything!

For what? To make me feel more guilty?