[Vol. 5] Chapter 110

I said, "Don't cry... Please..."

Rose sniffed and I asked, "What did you mean by you escaped or he leaves?"

She looked at me for a moment and said, "He marry Akio sama."

My brows ceased on my forehead, "He will marry Akio!"

Rose nodded.

Now my head was blank... Why would he marry Akio? But even if he marries Akio, Rose would still be his first wife.

Unless he was planning to demote Rose. But wasn't he getting benefits from the marriage?

I was confused... I needed to know what these all had to do with Akio?

I thought she wanted to marry Arashi now Daichi wanted to marry her...

Then I recalled our marriage had been announced officially which meant even if Akio wanted to marry Arashi, she wouldn't be called the first wife. And Arashi wouldn't marry her...

But the way Daichi looked at Akio, I knew he loved her and Rose had confirmed it as wl. And he could do something outrageous such as demoting Rose just for her sake. Which meant Akio would become the next powerful princess...

Wait! Wasn't Akio also a princess from another country?

Now that I looked into it, Daichi was the most powerful after Arashi. And he had Rose's domain in his hands as well. And if he married Akio, he would get her country as well.

That would make him the strongest...

I gasped...

Was he trying to get the throne?

He could become the next emperor if he got enough power. He was eligible and he was also Wansai emperor's grandson.

Now the dots had connected I knew what Akio and Daichi's schemes were.

I didn't really care if he wanted the throne for himself but I couldn't let them play with an innocent girl's life. Rose didn't deserve this.

And I wasn't going to let them play their cards.

But how?

I didn't have any powers...

And the little power I had because of Arashi wasn't enough. That couldn't save Rose from Daichi. Daichi had full authority over her...

My heart sank to belly.

The more I thought about everything from Kairo to Rose, I had no power whatsoever. And yet I promised Rose that I would help her...

No! I couldn't just let it go!

I shook my head and slapped my cheeks with both of my hands to make myself think positively.

Rose was startled by my behaviour as she looked quizzically at me and blinked.

I nodded to myself and turned to Rose. I said, "Rose, bear with me for a while and I won't break my promise which I had promised you."

She took a little time to process my words and then she nodded as we both shared a smile.

"Rose!" We heard an angry voice as we both got startled and looked behind.

Yoshi and Shin also came near as they heard Daichi's voice.

Daichi's eyes fell on me and he displayed a disgusted face and then his eyes moved to Rose and he growled, "What are you doing here?"

Rose portrayed a sad face and looked away as she said something in her language and Daichi got more angry.

[ What Rose said in English: You want to discard me anyways, why come looking for me when I am no use for you anymore...you got what you wanted.]