[Vol. 6] Chapter 145

(Third person's POV- omniscient)

Hiroshi had gone to Kairo's house and brought both him and Hana with him.

Their house was a mess while Kairo was cleaning it and he looked like he would faint any moment.

So, he proposed him to come with him for a change of environment. He agreed immediately.

As they crossed the lands Hana was the most enthusiastic one. It seemed Hana was seeing towns, cities and everything for the first time while Kairo was making sure she didn't go out of control.

So, he was holding her hand and was ordering her everything.

Kairo was the one whom they had taken care of up until now but he was taking of Hana now. Hiroshi's chest puffed with pride as he laughed at them and smiled all of their journey.

While he was enjoying their company, he didn't stop to tease Kairo and Kairo complaining how childish she was. Hana would start getting tears and he once again tell her sweet things to make happy. And that happened the whole time as they entered Komaki.

It was a beautiful Dukedom of Ginjiro Shimadzu. Everything about his land was magical.

The stony paths and oil lamp posts by the roads made it look like they had entered a different world.

The houses were also made of stones and woods but they were built different. Not like the houses or building structures of the rest of Wansai.

Since Ginjiro's father was a foreigner, he got his looks. His mother was from Komaki of Wansai. The Shimadzu clan head's only daughter. The previous Duke had no male heir and they didn't want the branch families to take the lead so, she married a foreigner who had come for some work. The details were unknown but it seemed like Duke Gingiro certainly was excellent in his work.

Hiroshi's eyes ran through the roads to the trees beside the roads which were trimmed beautifully so it won't trouble anyone while using the roads and the pathways. It almost looked like the imitation of foreign culture.

"I had never seen a beautiful city like this..." Kairo said as he nodded.

Hana's eyes were sparkling as they gazed around everywhere and it seemed if Kairo hadn't caught her hand tightly, she certainly would get lost.

"Wha—what's that? And this? And those?" She asked so many questions with a curious voice and even more curious eyes. "I want to go there...!"

"Wait, Hana. We need to finish our task first... Then we can venture the capital of Komaki." Kairo said but Hana pouted.

Hiroshi said, "No. You don't have to go. It is basically my task and I brought you two along so you don't have to stay in the house all the time. You can just go venture the cities of Komaki."

Kairo looked at him and asked, "But I thought I am also in this task..."

"No, you're not."

"When can I join again?" He asked.

"Both you and Hana will be joining after Prince Rian's marriage. Until then go travel and have fun."

He shrugged but Hiroshi said, "But before you two go, let us find rooms to stay the night."

He nodded and dragged Hana with him as they hopped down from the carriage.

It took them half day to reach Komato by public carriages and it would take another few hours to reach the capital.

It seemed like he couldn't give the scroll today.

So, they decided to take rooms in an inn in the outskirts of Komato. They could leave tomorrow morning.

He pointed at the inn and said to Kairo, "I am taking our rooms there. Go have fun but return before dinner."

They nodded leaving their small bags to him while Hiroshi went to the inn with those.

While he was heading toward the inn, a woman collided with him and was about to fall when he caught her. The small bags fell from his arms as he caught her slim waist. She wasn't too short but compared to him, she certainly was short.

She had a decent floral gown and a hat. Her red wavy hair was combed down to her waist and she looked very delicate.

He asked, "Are you alright?"

She looked up and smiled gently and said, "Th—thank you..."

She had a pretty face and large tender eyes and it somehow made Hiroshi's heart skip a beat.

He asked, "Well, are you going somewhere in a hurry? If you are then please be careful."

She coughed and it seemed like she might be sick. She said, "I am running late but I have to find a carriage to get back quickly. I'm so—so sorry if I hurt you..."

He almost scoffed at it. Like hell she could hurt him with those delicate hands that were covered in black gloves. She didn't even have much power to push him behind.

But Hiroshi wanted to know her name even when he knew she must be an aristocrat and of course, there was no chance he could see her ever.

He asked, "What's your name, if you don't mind me asking?"

She smiled shyly and said, "A—Anna Nakamura."

Butterflies fluttered in his belly as he gulped. He had never felt like this before.

Nakamura...

From clan Nakamura... But they don't usually wear foreign clothing. Maybe they were adapting new traditions...

He shrugged and soon that woman left as he released a sigh. But then he saw an ID card just beside his feet. Thinking the lady must have dropped it, he picked it up.

As soon as his eyes fell on the details, he froze.

He immediately looked behind to search for that woman but found that his bags were missing.

A moment of silence fell upon him as all the fluttering butterflies inside of his belly died tragically.

He had never felt this before his as*. That's what he thought as he clenched his palm along the paper.

Because in that ID card, there was another woman's face with that name. And she was 73 years old.

"That bish! I'm going to kill her...!" He growled because the important scroll was inside of his bag.

But before that he needed to book his rooms first so Kairo and Hana could stay when they come back.

He could always find her and he needed to find her for the scroll. He planned to book the rooms quickly so he could start his search for the little thief.

However, as soon as he entered his hand inside of his pockets, he found, all of his belongings were missing including his sword, daggers and his money.

Muscles in his jaw clenched tightly as he hissed, "Oh! Wherever you are, you should start running now because once I get you, you are dead."

----
26th January, 23
1140