[Vol 1] Chapter 22

When I woke up, my skin burnt with fever and I could barely move while my nose was running. 

Arashi didn't let me leave the room as he strictly said to take rest. I asked him to at least let me do the cooking or cleaning but he wouldn't. 

He went to make breakfast for all of us since Hina and her grandfather would be leaving. 

There were footsteps and from behind the sliding door, Hina asked, "Can I come?"

"Yes but stay far away or you will catch it." I answered in a nasal voice.

She slid inside and sat on her knees at the door. She looked at me for a moment and said in a very disapproving voice, "You are very weak. How will you take care of him?"

"I told him to let me help but he didn't want me to." 

"That's not what I mean, you idiot!" She scolded, "I meant, take care of yourself so you wouldn't get ill. If you get ill, he will have to do everything."

I nodded. She was right. If I got ill he would be the one who had to do everything. I should not act carelessly and ignore my health. 

I coughed as she said, "Well, now that I am going. Be sure to take care of both of yourselves. And don't do anything so careless again or I will snatch him away!" 

She scolded like she was Arashi's mother and I couldn't help but giggle. 

"I am really glad that I could meet you, Hina." I said because I never had anyone to talk to. No friends, or anyone. My half sisters wouldn't talk to me as they thought of me as a maid.

Hina's cheeks turned red but she gave a smug look as she said, "Well, of course, you should be glad. I am very charming." 

I chuckled but then coughed. 

"Alright. We will be going now. See you again." She said and stood up as I nodded. 

"And, I am glad too." She said with a big grin on her face. She left not long after that.

Arashi came with my breakfast as I tried to sit and he immediately put the bowls and the plates on the bed table and came near me to help. 

"I have brought your medicines as well." He said as he placed his hand on my forehead to check my temperature. He hummed. "You should have taken the medicine yesterday."

"I—I am sorry." I said because I was very childish yesterday. If I had taken the medicines, maybe I could get up today. 

"It is alright." He said as he placed the table before me and said, "Eat up while I go make lunch."

"Should I —"

"No." And he left in a hurry. 

I looked out as a small smile lingered in my mouth. The sky had cleared today and the sun shone bright. Birds chirped as the tender wind blew through the leaves. This was the best morning and I wanted to savor it.

I ate as Arashi came with a little cup in his hand and placed it on the table. "Drink up."

I took the cup and gulped down the hard, bitter liquid and my face twisted. "It is..."

"Bitter?" 

I nodded as I gagged and he chuckled. "What did you expect? To have honey while you get sick?"

I gave him a look as he chuckled again and he was beautiful when he did that.

I looked out for water but he said, "No water for the next thirty minutes."

"What! But my mouth tastes so bad." I whined.

"Yes, take it as a punishment for being so careless." He said and left with the bowls and plates.