[Vol. 4] Chapter 96

***Caution! Caution! This chapter contains sensitive information although I haven't really described anything in details but please if it makes you uncomfortable, refrain from reading it. Mention of rapes and killings will be here so be careful. If you can't continue reading this testimony, I will mention what happened when I will start vol. 5. ***

The whole hall was quiet and my eyes were on the man. Even Duke Ginjiro was silent for a moment.

He said, "So, now you have no humanity left in you that your hands don't even shake when you sell little children to the slave marchents and while you and your men kill the innocent family members of your targets?"

He laughed, "Why would they shake? I was the one who was ordered to kill my own family for committing a crime they never did! When I said it was a mistake they didn't even listen! They told me it was either honour or them!"

"And you chose them..."

"Yes, I chose my family and they stripped me from the so called honourable position."

"Then you could have gone away to other territory..." Ginjiro said.

"I did. But that wasn't enough." He laughed again like a mad man and said, "While leaving, they made me take one choice, it was either my wife or my boys."

My heart started to beat loudly and I couldn't hold my tears yet I sucked them inside.

He said with a bitter smile, "They raped my wife infront my boys and me and even that wasn't enough."

My hands and legs had started to shake. I thought I would loose my balance but I maintained my straight face.

"They made me chose one of my boys and even that wasn't enough." He laughed. "I killed my older to save the younger yet they killed him in front of me. You call it honour but I called it butcher."

He pointed his finger at us and asked, "You all butchered us and feed on us then what is so wrong if we do the same with you?"

However, the Duke didn't even felt remorse about him as he hissed, "Then why are you doing the same things on the common people as well? If what you wanted was to extract revenge against the Royals, then why them as well?"

He said matter-of-factly, "Because I feel nothing for them. I don't care about them and besides, they will be facing the same fate sooner or later by you nobles so what if we did this before?"

"So, killing the lords and their families weren't enough, extorting the poors weren't enough, now you joined with the temple!" Duke Ginjiro hissed.

He laughed. "Why wouldn't we? They wanted some people to do their dirty works to get back their powers from the nobles and all we wanted to destroy them. Enemy's enemy is a friend, isn't it?"

The Duke smiled and nodded, "Indeed, it is. But there is also a saying which says, a wise enemy is far better than a foolish friend."

He looked at the head priest and asked, "Isn't it, head priest?"

The priest glared at the Duke and I was a bit confused at first. And it seems I wasn't the only one who was confused, most of the audiences were confused but when I saw Arashi, I saw a knowing smirk.

I narrowed my eyes at him. Why was he so happy?

Then Duke Ginjiro said, "There, Your Highness, I have already made them confessed about their involvement with the temple."

And a gap formed on my mouth. Oh!

I realised the man with a scar had confessed the things the head priest weren't going to confess.