[Vol. 6] Chapter 158

(Third person POV- Omniscient)

It was the time they leave as the carriages were standing before them. The Duke had personally came to see them off.

Hiroshi and the Duke were conversing in themselves while the others were getting them goodbyes.

But Miku's eyes were on Hiroshi.

Her eyes narrowed down at Hiroshi as she looked him thoroughly from his head to toe.

Her heart thumped as he laughed with the Duke and Hibiki.

But her mind was distracted by only one question.

Out of all the people, why him?!

He was rude, had no restraint in his mouth, didn't know how to talk with a Lady and had a lazy personality. He wasn't an ideal person at all! Compared to him, Duke and the others were far more sophisticated and elegant. They had mannerisms, class and style.

Her eyes fell on the Duke and his men. Everyone no doubtly handsome and very much knight-like and then her eyes moved toward Hiroshi. Her heart was a mess.

Her heart would only respond when her eyes fell on him.

'That's so stupid, heart! Don't ever think of him! He's out of my league!' she scolded her heart in her mind.

He certainly was out of her league.

Once again, she eyed Hiroshi and as he smiled at Hibiki, she realised, he wasn't bad looking at all.

He was well reputed, well mannered, liked by all even with his childish and playful personality. Everyone knew him and they respected him. It wasn't because he was the right hand of the Prince.

They respected him for who he was. If she saw him thoroughly, he was far more sophisticated than everyone in that group of men.

She even saw his swordsmanship. He was excellent. He even led Hana and Kairo without worrying about the outcome. He was a good leader and his subjects trusted him with their eyes closed.

He certainly was out of her league...

She was a lowly woman who steal food and money in secret to keep her siblings alive. She had no title nor she had any property.

The house where they have been living until now would be snatched away by the new Lord in a few months. After that, she would be called a homeless peasant or a notorious thief.

She looked away and thought, maybe that was best for her since she didn't deserve a well reputed man like him. He was out of her reach.

With the thought, she went inside the carriage.

On the other hand, Hiroshi was feeling a cold sweat as that lady had been glaring at him all these while.

Why was she glaring at him? Was she planning to steal the sword again? Or maybe cursing him in her mind until she get his possessions.

"Well now, we will be taking our leave." Hiroshi said as Hibiki and others nodded.

The Duke gave a curt nod and said, "Tell my prince that I will be there in two days."

Hiroshi nodded and asked, "What about the other response?"

The Duke thought for a moment and said, "I'm afraid, I have to ask the princess first then deside. Personally, I have no problem but I don't want to force someone. I believe my prince is also doing all of this for women so we should consider their opinions first."

Hiroshi was pleased with his answer and nodded. "Then, I suggest you can go and spent time with the princess. It would be best if you know her first. And of course, her opinion matters."