[Vol. 4] Chapter 83

I tried to match Arashi's pace as he was taking long strides while walking through the palace's long corridors.

I huffed as my hand was in his grip and we both left the premises to his quarters. He was quite the whole time as my heart sped in my ribcages.

Behind us, Hiroshi and the others were following although their faces bore frowns and they felt like they were covered in a dark miasma. They all were serious and angry.

I knew I had disappointed him greatly...

As soon as we reached his wings, Arashi said with a cold voice, "Hiroshi, gather everyone around my chamber in an hour."

Hiroshi and others scattered to gather everyone while he dragged me inside of his chamber. The men who stood beside his doors bowed and opened the door. But even they could feel the anger rolling off of him.

As we entered, he said his men, "Go, gather everyone."

They nodded and dispersed as he closed the door and left my hand. I stood behind him, taking a short distance since I was scared. He was still facing his doors and stood still.

My chest rose up and down as he asked, "Why did you do that?"

His voice was so harsh and cold that I felt his wrath to my bones. I gulped and said, "I—I..."

He turned around and our eyes met.

Never had I seen a man that angry in my whole life as I faced with Arashi's bloodshed eyes. His eyes looked down at me and I could feel my heartbeat in my ears.

Cold sweat formed on my forehead and palms and I started to shake.

Now I knew the trial wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. It was Arashi's anger what I should have been scared of.

He took a long stride toward me but I had no courage to take a step back or hide from him. Running was out of options.

"I asked you a question!" He hissed as my lips quivered.

He had never been angry with me before. The few times he had were not much compared to this one.

I knew he wanted to discard the idea of the trial from their minds but I ended up agreeing to it. It was a stupid move.

"I thought—"

"You thought...!?" He repeated the words and I forgot what exactly I was thinking at that time.

I looked away and tried to come up with something to answer him but my head was blank.

"They were belittling you..." I mumbled in a low voice.

He didn't say anything as I kept my gaze down at the floor. The corners of my eyes had started to get wet. "I thought it would be better if I give the trial..."

He growled, "You thought if you could give the trial? Do you even know how deadly it is inside the cave! I said you that it's purpose is to eliminate the princesses!"

I shakily nodded and said, "I—I was just... They wanted to have an excuse to talk behind your back and I didn't want that..."

He hissed, "Do you think I care about them? They can talk all they want behind my back. They can call me a coward for it all I care. It's your life, Bianka!"

And I started to sniff. Hot tears started to pour down from my eyes to my cheeks as he scolded me.

I looked up as my eyes were red with tears. "But how can I see people tarnishing my husband before my eyes? You want me to sit and watch while they talk rubbish about you! Tell me, can you do that if they start to talk bad about me?"