[Vol. 4] Chapter 87

The week passed in a blink and I had tried my best to learn everything in these days.

I took a deep breath and nodded at myself, telling in me that I will do it.

Because it was the day of the trial and I was a bit nervous. I didn't know what will happen but I had to make sure I win.

The weather seemed a bit cloudy and the sun peeked time to time. The air was windy as I looked outside. Would I be able to do it?

I shook my head. No! What was I saying? I couldn't afford to doubt myself!

I wore a white coloured kimono that was handed to me by the temple's priests. Rei helped me wear it and said, "Make sure to pass the trial!"

She gave me an encouraging smile as I nodded. Well, I had to win because there was no choice. If I didn't win, I would lose Arashi and I would never be able to help Rose.

She combed my hair and tied it up in a bun tightly so it won't fall down to make things worse. The sleeves of the kimono was a bit long and it was making me worried however, Rei gave me a rope and said, "Once you go inside, make sure you tie up your sleeves. You don't want it to get caught in anything and make you delay."

I nodded as I hid the rope.

We heard Arashi entering as Rei gave me a wink before leaving the room.

He looked at me from tip to toe and said, "You look good. Are you prepared?"

I nodded with a determined look. He gave me a smile and wrapped me in his chest. I felt my nervousness slowly leaving my skin. I wrapped my hands around him and he said, "Alright. Let's make sure you don't get killed."

I chuckled and said, "Don't worry, I have the best husband to take care of that."

He nodded. "Certainly but I can't go inside since I would have to stay before the entrance of the cave with everyone else."

"Okay..." I said and he led me to the outside of the palace. People have gathered there already as soldiers were standing to protect all of us. There was a carriage and Arashi said, "The temple's people will get you there so I am afraid, I have to depart from here."

I nodded as the priests of the temple's came before me. They looked at me as if I was a peasant and they had no respect for me. Well, these much was expected.

The priest who stood in the middle and looked like he was leading the other priests, "I hope the trial will become your life changing experience."

I gave him a curt nod, saying, "It had already made me aware that it is infact my life changing moment."

They led me toward their carriage as I hoped inside. I sat on my knees and maintained a straight back, my head held high and I wasn't scared or nervous anymore.

I felt confident.

The abrupt halt made me aware that we had arrived at our destination.

It took us two hours to reach there and all these while there was no talking. The two young priests who were with me inside the carriage were looking at me like they wanted to make me feel inferior or nervous. But I held my gaze straight and never wavered back. They weren't the threat. Not here...

As I came down from the carriage, I saw Arashi behind him, Hiroshi and some other of his men. The empress and the emperor weren't there since they would be waiting for me in the palace. But Daichi, Akio and some of their cousins were present there. I looked through the crowd and my gaze fell on Princess Rose.

I released a sigh as I saw her. I didn't know but at this point, I was extremely worried for her and not to mention, she felt like my sister. She was young and pretty but deep down, she was innocent and had no hands in any of these just like Rei.

Rei hadn't come since Noya could not be outside. It was difficult to handle him in the wild because he would run around with his short legs. He might be short but he ran fast.

I gave a slight nod to Rose as she smiled at me but the worried line on her face were visible. Daichi glared at her and she immediately looked down. I clenched my teeth but I knew I could not do a thing.

And at the end, I looked at Arashi and smiled.

"I am going..." I said.

He nodded and said, "Make sure you come back to me or I will make sure that you never leave my side."

At his words, Akio glared at me while Daichi cringed his face. But the other cousins were a bit flustered. Their eyes never left from us.

The other priests' shared a shocked moment since they weren't expecting us to be so informal right in the middle of the people.

I giggled and nodded at his threat. He certainly wanted to make me flustered in front of them but I wasn't flustered. I nodded, "I will definitely come back, Prince Rian and will make sure that no other woman get a hold of you from today."

Arashi smirked as Hiroshi and his men grinned while nodding their heads in agreement. But everyone seemed to be shocked at my bold remarks. Since, not only I had called him Rian, I also claimed that he was only mine. Well, it was best that they knew it. Especially, Akio...

My gaze moved for a short time to Akio and I saw her glare had intensified. If glare could kill, I would have been dead by now. But I gave her a challenging grin and then directed my gaze to Daichi, making sure he knew I was ready for all of his schemes.

For a while Daichi was flabbergasted to see my confidence sitting on my face as his brows ceased on his forehead.

Then I looked back at Arashi and told him, "Wait for me..."

He nodded.

The head priest came and coughed because it was awkward to hear us teasing each other. Well, it should have been awkward for me too but I was serious. I wanted to let them know that 'I will win this today and they better get prepared for what was about to come.'

With that, I turned around and face the cave's large entrance and walked inside.

----
18th November, 22
1116