[Vol. 5] Chapter 112

As I opened the door, I saw Hiroshi, Yoshi and others were standing there with wide gaps in their mouths.

They all were stunned and I supposed they had heard everything as well.

I wasn't embarrassed nor I was feeling good to have a chat with them as I started to go back to my room.

As I entered, I saw Rose was still sleeping peacefully. I went near her and started to pay on her head as she immediately woke up.

Her eyes were widened as if she was expecting something else other than a pat. I gave a smile and said, "Go back to sleep, Rose."

She was like a baby when she was sleeping and she was younger than me. So, I started to feel like I was her older sister and I didn't want my little sister to suffer.

I was still worried of Prince Daichi's next moves and I hoped that he wouldn't do anything to her just because I slapped him.

My inside was in turmoil as I tried to calm my nerves. And without noticing, I fell asleep.

It was around evening I woke up and I wasn't feeling well as I felt nausea. But I was hungry and I was sleepy too. It was strange that I wasn't that fond of taking rest much. Yet somehow all I wanted was to lay down and close my eyes.

I saw Rose was already awake and she was looking outside of the window. As she heard my movements, she turned around and smiled.

I returned the gesture but she must have felt that I wasn't all right as she asked, "You sick?"

I smiled and shook my head. "No... Maybe I am tired..."

"Doctor?" She asked with a concerned voice

I said, "No. I don't need a doctor."

Because I knew Arashi would come and check instead. Even I trusted him more than anyone.

But if he came it would be awkward after what I said.

Now that I had calmed down, I felt embarrassed to say those words. What was I thinking?!

I knew he was angry because Daichi was powerful and he could pull a stunt to punish me. But I could not hold my anger...

My face must have said Rose that I wasn't in a good mood as she asked, "Something happened?"

I nodded and a sigh left from my mouth.

I said, "I said some big things to my husband and now I am too ashamed to go see him..."

And I was missing him already...

"You fight brother Rian?" She asked, her eyes wide. "Do... He beat...too?"

I was a bit surprised at her question and knew that she must be thinking they beat us if they get angry...

I chuckled and said, "He wouldn't."

Then her face became sad. "So... He love you?"

Well... I was a bit flustered with her question as I said, "Yes. Very much..."

"And you?" She asked.

I gave her a smile and said, "No matter what, I can't stop myself from loving him..."

"Even after you fight?" She asked. She was strangely curious because I knew for her, it seemed like a dream. And I didn't want to show off about it in front of her since she would feel sad.

I nodded, my face fell. "I do. I know I am always unreasonable to him even after he always takes care of me... I know why he always gets angry because he is worried about me. But I still make him troubled by my own thoughts. I should have considered that he is already in a lot of trouble..."

I sighed and looked at Rose but from her expression I knew she didn't understand a thing as she blinked at me. She wasn't familiar with long talks in our language so it was expected...

As I stopped talking she gave me a smile, feigning that she understood and nodded.

And I started to laugh.

"Eh? Why laugh?" She asked, still confused but I said, "Nothing..."

I patted on her head. Daichi would surely regret everything. I will make him regret.

It was almost the night time and I laid down beside Rose after our dinner.

***
[Arashi's POV]

Arashi was quiet for long as Hiroshi came, knocking. He didn't say anything as Arashi was engaged in his thoughts. Apparently, his wife's questions made him a little troubled...

Hiroshi coughed to get his attention and as Arashi looked at him, he asked, "So...what are your answers Arashi? For your wife's questions, that is?"

Arashi looked at the distant through the window as the cherry trees hadn't bloomed yet. Spring was coming but it still had some time.

He leant against his chair and ran his hand through his head. He let out a frustrated sigh and said, "I don't know..."

"You don't?" Hiroshi asked again and added, "Or, maybe you have closed your eyes like all of us too..."

True... Arashi had never thought things like Bianka did. He was always true to his own views. He saw things differently but Bianka's view had more truth than him.

He had been always devoted himself to protecting others but he never thought about the restrictions that were placed on people especially women. Superior or not, every women had been going through the same.

Some didn't. Some were lucky but some didn't. If he thought it open minded he could see it was just too cruel and unfair.

"It seems all have I done until now have gone in vain..." He said.

Bianka opened his eyes to the truths of the society where even his eyes couldn't reach.

"No. It didn't..." Hiroshi said as Arashi looked at him questioningly.

"She just made you see the other half of the society where you need to work too."

"She widened our views and up until now, all we were watching was one side of a coin. She just had turned the coin up side down."

Arashi was still speechless. Yes. She just turned his whole view up side down.

It seemed he wasn't the only one who had seen the cruelty. Bianka had seen it too but from a different side, from a different way.

But all in all, it was the same.

He chuckled at himself. He felt so ashamed that he couldn't see it but he was glad that his wife opened his eyes.

He didn't even have any answers for Bianka's questions.

Arashi said, "Guess, we all have to change for a better future..."

Hiroshi smiled and nodded, "Yes, we do."

"But it won't be that simple..." Hiroshi added, "After all it applies to everyone from superiority to inferiority."

Arashi nodded. He had been fighting with only the superiority, power, conspiracy between nations. But what it was like to fight with everyone from down to up? Inside and outside of the empire?

What it was like to fight with their views and opinions that had been bound by those sickly rules the society had been following all these time?

He didn't know.

The laws had changed a bit for the women but they weren't followed and moreover, there were still some things which the law enforcers would disregard completely...

Arashi looked at Hiroshi and asked, "When did you ever fight a battle which was simple?"

Hiroshi smirked. "Well, I don't like to fight simple battles..."

The corners of Arashi's lips curled up as he said, "Neither am I."

----
14th December, 2020
1247