[Vol. 5] Chapter 130

The dead bodies of the imposters were cleaned as well as they took care of the captured people.

The area around the lake was already cleaned and now that the threat was subsided, Arashi told the families to come and join us in this wonderful occasion in the Sun Temple.

Our carriage arrived there as I was munching on food all the way to the temple.

Koji said from behind the curtain of the carriage, "Prince Rian, Princess Bianka, we have arrived at the Temple."

I left the plate as I had already finished with my meals and I was full. We were accompanied by Koji and his group who were waiting outside of the carriage.

As we came outside, I was mesmerized by the beauty of the massive temple which stood surrounded by the lake from all sides.

For a while, I only gaped at the whole scenario from my eyes as I had never thought Shinkyo was this beautiful.

The temple was made with large rocks and the carvings on it were just so beautiful that I couldn't look away. And at the top of the temple, on its pointy head there was a giant rock carved as the sun.

It felt like it would fall down on our heads once a gush of wind appears but it wasn't even moving.

And the lake around it was so bigger than the previous one that wherever my eyes could reach, I only saw lotuses in different colours, floating on the water.

Bees, butterflies, and various insects were flying around the vicinity making it a beautiful canvas of all the colours. I looked around and I saw the birds singing, chattering in their sweet ringing voice, making everything around us so peaceful that my heart felt the warmth of it.

I said, "It—it's so beautiful..."

"I know..." He said as we looked at each other and I was so glad that I came to see his city.

He said, "My mother loved this place so she asked my dad to bring her all kinds of lotuses for the lake."

I gasped, "So, the lake has every kinds of it?"

He nodded. "Most of the kinds since it is not easy to collect them and my father would get frustrated by her demands..."

He chuckled at the thought as I smiled at him. I could see he got brightened just by coming here. He must be missing his mother...

He asked as he stretched his palm toward me, "Shall we go?"

I nodded as I gave him my hand and we started to take the stone bridge that connected the temple with the ground.

The bridge had a few steps to reach it and as we took the steps, I found that we were going upward.

But it looked like it was at the same level as the ground.

And as we got near, I saw the giant temple was really built so bigger that I could see the people were like ants before it.

I said almost breathlessly, "It feels like the temple is floating!"

He said, "The temple is actually floating."

My head snapped at his way as I asked, "What!"

He shrugged as Koji said, "Yes, we even went down for the maintenance and we saw it is actually floating on the lake."

I asked, "Then the lake is very deep!"

Arashi nodded, "It is."

I was mesmerized by the temple as I couldn't help but looking at it. I was feeling a different kind of feel as we took the stairs. It felt like the temple was alive and watching and it reminded me of the incidents of the Wansai Temple.